Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    New use for a grass/bag catcher.Attachment 7067
    Have we got another John Deere self propelled user? Looks mighty similar to mine!

I laugh when people have already had 4-12 quotes and request another from me.

Told a sizable restaurant to go jump :P

I have a js48, but I brought it before i joined uphere, Its crappy in wet medium grass. I prefer my Rover 560 best for everything, Honda, there's more bad raves about honda's here than you could imagine, The cat loves the grass catcher on the JD, so thats ok by me
    Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    Have we got another John Deere self propelled user? Looks mighty similar to mine!

Have you tried it with the side discharge chute?

The ultimate mower would consist of:

JD Self Propelled System
    JD Side Discharge
    Pro-Scape Cut Quality
    Pro-Scape Blade System
    The Old Retro Victa cut quality
    A big donk (Briggs/Kohler/Kawa/Honda) I personally think we need a 220-250cc engine.
    A Better catcher system that reduces bending down

Just my 2 cents

Yep, the side discharge is a ripper, I cut some 12" high dog poo infested kik the other week with the side shute attachment, works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    Have you tried it with the side discharge chute?

The ultimate mower would consist of:

JD Self Propelled System
    JD Side Discharge
    Pro-Scape Cut Quality
    Pro-Scape Blade System
    The Old Retro Victa cut quality
    A big donk (Briggs/Kohler/Kawa/Honda) I personally think we need a 220-250cc engine.
    A Better catcher system that reduces bending down

Just my 2 cents

Just read an add on dumbtree, Wanted someone to mow my lawn its like a jungle, will pay $10 on the spot, may become a regular if you do a good job.

Rockin Re: thing that make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Just read an add on dumbtree, Wanted someone to mow my lawn its like a jungle, will pay $10 on the spot, may become a regular if you do a good job.
    Hahahahahah, $10 per minute?

I reluctantly use dumtree, and believe me, it attracts stupid callers, but I do get a good one sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post

We've got 18 year-olds with an old ute, old mower, and old whipper snipper around here doing lawns for $20 and $30 for "pokies money" so I'm not surprised.

A beer or two sounds good..... But only when it's hot! What about a beer every time .

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/canbe...job/1039877318

I saw a contractor today , and no joke he was doing these overgrown edges with a handsaw. Yes one that you cut wood with, on his hands and knees

I think last week in a semi intoxicated state i replied with "Dreamin"
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    A beer or two sounds good..... But only when it's hot! What about a beer every time .

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/canbe...job/1039877318

A month back a new tenant moved into a renatl that I had being doing, so I knocked at the door and asked if they wanted me to continue, They said sure they didnt have a mower.

I say ok price is $60.00, oh they say the Estate agent said that you only charge the previous tenant $45.00. I actually charged them $55.00 but had put my price up.

I said in that case pay the $60.00 and send the bill to the estate agent (said this tongue in cheek).

Get a call yesterday from the agent saying I had no right to charge more than he had quoted. I just cracked up laughing and hung up. A couple of hours later I rang back and spoke to hs manager and let him know what his guy had done, dont think he will be getting a xmas card this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    A month back a new tenant moved into a renatl that I had being doing, so I knocked at the door and asked if they wanted me to continue, They said sure they didnt have a mower.

I say ok price is $60.00, oh they say the Estate agent said that you only charge the previous tenant $45.00. I actually charged them $55.00 but had put my price up.

I said in that case pay the $60.00 and send the bill to the estate agent (said this tongue in cheek).

Get a call yesterday from the agent saying I had no right to charge more than he had quoted. I just cracked up laughing and hung up. A couple of hours later I rang back and spoke to hs manager and let him know what his guy had done, dont think he will be getting a xmas card this year.
    Estate agents, what a joke some of them are ay and how important they think they are.
    I will not work for them since 1.5yrs ago when I constantly had to send reminders on reminders. They put us no higher than worms in the soil, maybe because we generally drive white vehicles and they have black ones.
    Cheers Garry

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

At the moment I have positive business dealings with the real estate companys. Always pay and plenty of work coming through. But I live in a area that everyone knows everyone. However whilst running a round in Adelaide real estates were a pain but strata managers were ok to deal with.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast