Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Just saw an add on gumtree, Wanted someone to mow my lawn for free................ thought I would pass this one on to you guys

ill come up to newcastle for a freebie ...sure thing
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

I do allot of my commercial work for Strata managemnt companies. Form my experience, they are more professional to deal with and pay all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardeningSolutions View Post
    At the moment I have positive business dealings with the real estate companys. Always pay and plenty of work coming through. But I live in a area that everyone knows everyone. However whilst running a round in Adelaide real estates were a pain but strata managers were ok to deal with.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

My daughter was just cooking some chicken for her lunch tomorrow and I said when you have finished leave the pan so I can cook some eggs. She says do you want me to rinse it first ? I said no. Wasn't till after I said it that I realised I said " yum chicken flavoured egg" Guess you had to be there!

Not laugh, but makes me shake my head. Was doing a lawn in housing commission area and there always a little islander tacker (6-7 yr old) from next door always asking questions when I'm unloading, but he's good and stays out of harms way. Was mowing inside the front yard near his fence and all of a sudden there's this horrible rattling sound!!!!!!! Shut down my old trusty 195 thinking the old girl was finally letting me down, but the noise continues. Look over the fence and here's the aforementioned little tacker mowing his footpath with elcheapo masport rattling its' head off. I goes out there and turns it off on him wondering what the noise is. Decide to look under the deck and I could hardly believe my eyes. The base plate was so loose so I thought, but on further inspection a piece about the size of a fifty cent piece was completely broken out of the centre of the blade carrier. I still don't understand how it stayed on there!!!!! The only thing I can think of was that the hole was uneven and wouldn't quite find the right spot to fall off completely. Told him to go get his Dad while I pulled the mounting bolt out to show him. After explaining how dangerous the situation was, they just didn't get it. told him to take it to the shop and get a new one fitted and throw on a new set of blades while they were at it. That was the only consolation - wasn't a real lot of blade left to do massive damage when it came out!!!!!!! Kicking myself for not taking photos as I am still not used to thinking of this new smart phone as a camera (dumb operator) Used to having a proper DSLR.

Did a job for a place with a high influx of refugees.

African lady comes out, my mower doesn't work - it's brand new and we've put oil in it.

So I go and check it out, and ask, how much oil did you put in?

Turns out they put 5 litres of car oil in it.

FML

Saw a guy with a tie on , it had a W then an anchor under the W, Classic

Organised a quote yesterday afternoon for first thing this morning with a prospective client in a nice suburb; she wanted to do it as early as possible, so 7.30am it was.

Turn up on time, ring doorbell on big front gate, no response. wait a minute and ring again, no response. Try calling on mobile, no response. Try gate again, no response. Go for a walk up the street and back to make sure I've got the right address (which I did) and give them a chance to wake up or get changed. Ring bell again, no response. Wait at the ute for a couple of minutes and the front gate is opened.

Owner walks down driveway but doesnt realise I'm there let alone that I've been waiting for 15 minutes. "Oh I'm so sorry, I totally forgot and I've got to pick someone up at the airport in 5 minutes. Take a look around - My gardener has let me down time after time and I need the place done by Thursday with ongoing maintenance after that ". No worries, I Said - I'll just take a look around, write some notes and you can call me later today and we can discuss in detail then. She was happy with that and so away we went.

As I was getting into the car to leave, who should rock up behind me but the original gardener! I stuck around and scribbled some notes but was keen to see what would happen. He got out of his ute, briefly spoke with the owner and proceeded to take his wheelbarrow and mower out of his ute and walk it up her driveway. I felt so sorry for the guy (and also found it pretty funny) - He would have seen me leaving the property and get into my ute and he'll be there right now realising that this is probably the last time he'll be at that property.

Hate it when you get that " Oh, I completely forgot I talked to you 12 hours ago" line - hope the new gig works out..

My day for idiots today.

Idiot 1 - Half way through a 3 hour mow at one of my body corps, Guy pulls up at one of the units, pulls out portable massage table, and goes in. Shortly after the tennant comes out, and asks me if I can come back in an hour after his massage is finished as he likes it quiet during it, and he had it booked in before he knew i was coming. Well I see red, and say that no I need to get the job done and I will be finished in about 45minutes. He disappears in a bit grumpy but thats life. So i finsh up, and I look accros at his unit, and notice that I have left a blade of grass sticking up, "oh how can I do that", restart the mower, and go and remow his lawn again, at least he had the best looking lawn in the complex, Just to make sure I went super slow I didnt want to miss a single blade.

Idiot 2 - Same complex, this guy had parked his car accross the lawn, I knew he was home, as I could see him walking around the unit. SO I mow and snip around it (I have policy of not knocking). Finish up, Load all my gear (after redoing idiot 1's place). Jump in truck ready to go. Owner comes out while I am writing up my diary and he moves the car back 2 feet, and indicates to me that I should mow it, I indicate back nicely that no I wont, he comes over and insists, I point out that he saw me mowing and if he wanted it done he was welcome to go to Bunnies and buy himself a mower.

going to see Jim Jefferies last night live at the Enmore theatre ...brilliant ...but not for the easily offended lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

A while back, i was whipper snipping a big hilly place when the neighbour started walking around her pool then starts to undress down to only a G-string in full view.
    She waved and smiled at me. For some reason, I forgot what i was doing and drilled a whole in the dirt from the whipper snipper.
    But i was professional and smiled back then continued the whipper snipping like a pro.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    A while back, i was whipper snipping a big hilly place when the neighbour started walking around her pool then starts to undress down to only a G-string in full view.
    She waved and smiled at me. For some reason, I forgot what i was doing and drilled a whole in the dirt from the whipper snipper.
    But i was professional and smiled back then continued the whipper snipping like a pro.
    But i was professional and smiled back then continued the whipper snipping like a pro in a half bent over pose.

How does this guy make a living at this rate..the under cut clowns

LaWn MoWiNg 20$/h

Super deal:

*Hire me for minimum 2 hours and you will pay only 16$/h.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/under...-h-/1045760970

I have a customer with a courtyard that is 3M x3m, it takes about 5 mins to edge, mow ,blow. $20

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast