Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Buddy... the good thing is, the cowboys dont last at their discounted rate. They burn out and lose money. Thats when they fold up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    How does this guy make a living at this rate..the under cut clowns

LaWn MoWiNg 20$/h

Super deal:

*Hire me for minimum 2 hours and you will pay only 16$/h.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/under...-h-/1045760970
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Those jobs are good. You have to have a minimum tho. Probably cost $10 just to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    I have a customer with a courtyard that is 3M x3m, it takes about 5 mins to edge, mow ,blow. $20
    Those jobs are good. You have to have a minimum tho. Probably cost $10 just to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Buddy... the good thing is, the cowboys dont last at their discounted rate. They burn out and lose money. Thats when they fold up.
    Yep, how many new customers say " The last bloke did it for X$ how come your so expensive" Where is he now? "He just stopped coming" Well maybe he was too cheap and folded up
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Yep, how many new customers say " The last bloke did it for X$ how come your so expensive" Where is he now? "He just stopped coming" Well maybe he was too cheap and folded up
    Hear that too often. Last week a quote had the gall to tell me they'd had 5 contractors in 5yrs, all no good. Warning bells.

Agreed but its one of the new housing estates where the narrow roads and limited parking is a PITA, but I'm in the process of picking up more of these in the same area to make it worthwhile...hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by GardeningSolutions View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GardeningSolutions View Post
    Hear that too often. Last week a quote had the gall to tell me they'd had 5 contractors in 5yrs, all no good. Warning bells.
    Bet those 5 contractors will tell a different story

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Well, yeah.. but all that spring they have buggered up your local economy. when they fold or wise up another comes along.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomS View Post
    Well, yeah.. but all that spring they have buggered up your local economy. when they fold or wise up another comes along.

Tom
    Can be frustrating but it's just the nature of this biz... I got lowballed on a 2 acre job last spring and guess what, Client calls me the other day saying the new guys ride on is stuffed and can no longer do the job. Just happen to be increasing a few prices at the moment too.. ha

Got asked to do a quote on a small rear part of a steep block. Caller said property occupier could'nt afford much - (danger signs already) - anyway went to quote. Steep is hardly a word - could not even get a push mower down the side of the dwelling, let alone my VENTRAC machine, and then asked if I would whipper snip the area for $40. Told that's good money for an hours work. Suggested they try one of the "franchise groups" and told - "they are too expensive". Gave a price and told property occupier to think about it - maybe they could get someone dropped in by chopper. I am so over these people - my charitable side is suddenly starting to change and I think I will just start laughing people and walk away.

If they cant afford to maintain the property they should probably move. Don't expect someone else to foot the bill. Actually told a quote this once.

I was asked to quote on slashing an escarpment a while back. About 1200 sq m, steep, tough grass and littered with rocks and boulders. Gave them a price which covered the cost of possible smashed gear. they said Nah we'll do it ourselves next time we visit the property. 2 years on and they've cleared about 20 sq m of the easiest stuff.

Client ringing me asking when I'm going to do his lawns which are overdue for a cut, (but not madly overgrown mind you).

I asked him if he could tell me when the utility-workers that have have dug up his footpath, entrance to his yard blocked, and machinery sitting there for the last ten days, are going to be finished

These guys really cheese me off.

Lost two in a street because they were doing road works for 3-4 months (couldn't safely do the job)

Then last week went out to one of my big properties power company has ripped up about 100sqm of lawn along with bring boulders to the surface. FML

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Client ringing me asking when I'm going to do his lawns which are overdue for a cut, (but not madly overgrown mind you).

I asked him if he could tell me when the utility-workers that have have dug up his footpath, entrance to his yard blocked, and machinery sitting there for the last ten days, are going to be finished

Meet with two Jim's Guys at the tip today who work from one rig.

First one said they 285 regular clients to service and the second guy said we have 295 clients to keep on top off.

I should have said I do 485 all by myself.
    Cheers Garry

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast