Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Rockin Re: thing that make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Meet with two Jim's Guys at the tip today who work from one rig.

First one said they 285 regular clients to service and the second guy said we have 295 clients to keep on top off.

I should have said I do 485 all by myself.

You're joking right?

485 :0

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    You're joking right?

485 :0
    Off course , how can two guys look after 295 customers from one rig, you wouldn't want two days of rain.

Cheers Garry

Thinking of following the jims around for a day or 4, (lots of free time on my hands)...have a chat to the owners, drop me price, and snag a few, anyone done this?

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Thinking of following the jims around for a day or 4, (lots of free time on my hands)...have a chat to the owners, drop me price, and snag a few, anyone done this?
    Could you live with yourself ???
    Cheers Fred.

mmmm......yup!!

Dear me.... Well I guess there is one in every forum, market place, industry......Nice knowing ya!!

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

I did a normal $60 job last week and the neighbour told me jims does hers for $40, man that's just too low.

Sorry I just couldnt go there

First one said they 285 regular clients to service and the second guy said we have 295 clients to keep on top off.

I could get there if I included all the residents at some of my body corps (100 odd in one alone, most are odd as well), but I only count them as one client. 285 sounds a bit over the top.

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Its possible to deal with 295 clients in a year, but regular clients seems a massive task. You would have to average 30 jobs a day not to mention crossover of 2, 3 & 4 weekly jobs, and clients changing days etc. They must be a tight organised unit. I'd call it bullsh*t.

Not wishing to start an anti Jim's off post thread or give anyone ammo here. As I've got a lot off respect for many of the Jim's guys in town including the early contact I had with their Broadford based Area Mgr who freely gave welcome advice. I've had Jim's guys visit me at home doing me a favour too.
    Just that I thought 295 clients to manage by two blokes was a bit rich and it was Friday late arvo relaxation reflection time.
    Cheers Garry

As a ex VIP franchisee i do know they get a lot of work coming in every week thru there mobile and they buy/sell jobs between there areas and lessen travel time between jobs.

The franchise fees are nothing to what we use to make a week,these guys are no different to INDY guys all just trying to make a living.The only difference is they had money in getting a instant round and feeding there families.

One of my clients told me one day that the last time I cut his lawn when I left a guy knocked on his door and said he would mow it for less than he was paying me. Lucky for me the client said no and he also got the guys business name.So this clown is one the monkeys that advertises that he is an honest family man, well that aint gunna save him if I ever run into him, a punch in the face might be in order if Im in a bad mood, So yeah go for it........................

Nah, just sayin, I read somewhere (on this site btw) that if you do a quote and see other quotes attached to the screen door etc, remove them or change the estimate, there's enuff work out there without rocking the boat, my main focus is pest control and the mowing helps out that's all.

This made me lol. It's from 18-months ago but still funny. In my experience mowing over ciggy butts just tears them open, fluffs them up and spits them out under the side of the mower.

http://www.news.com.au/national/resi...-1226486542120

Residents up in arms after council hires contractors to mow fake grass

A LOCAL council crew has become a social media sensation after it was exposed using a lawnmower on fake grass.

The Townsville City Council crew was this week photographed by motorists mowing artificial grass on a median strip, the Townsville Bulletin reports

The images sparked an angry response on social media, with residents arguing it was proof the council was wasting ratepayers' money.

When the matter was raised with the council, a spokeswoman said the contractors were not mowing the grass.

Rather the crew were cleaning the fake turf to remove cigarette butts following a request by a local, she said.

''The actual contractors who have done that work, they didn't give us the heads-up they were going to be using a mower," the spokeswoman said.

"There has been a major problem there with people littering and throwing their cigarette butts out.

"So they're not actually mowing grass, as much as people would have laughed and pointed it out, they were using it as a vacuum to suck up the butts."

A staff member from the nearby Supercheap Auto Hermit Park said the clean-up crew had supplied many belly laughs for colleagues and customers.

"We've all been getting a great laugh out of it," she said.

"They've been doing it a couple of times."

The council spokeswoman said the clean-up crew had been asked to consider other options when it came to cleaning the artificial grass.

"It does look ridiculous," she said.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast