Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

Just had a powerful storm front pass through Albury/Wodonga with heavy rain and very large hail, Radar showing deep red to black on a wide front. Hail has covered the ground like snow, marked two of our cars lightly and punched holes through our pergola roof Laser Light roof sections.
    Our F/Glass sided Caravan got thorough Ok I think, will check when the rain backs off properly. I thought I would jump in my wife's car and checkout a metal clad large van down the road as the hail had melted on the road but still covered lawns.

Well I see an independent mower bloke with his rig driving and pulls up at a house to commence the mow so I stopped briefly to confirm what I'm seeing, mind you its still pouring, thunder about and large hail over lawns and piled up against walls.
    Cheers Garry

Andy B and I saw some backyard bobs with a cage trailer load filled to the brim of green waste. Quite normal you might say. However, their precariously loaded push mowers sitting on top of the huge pile with little to keep them strapped down was pretty funny. Not a lesson I'd like to learn the hard way...

Quote Originally Posted by mowbro View Post
    Andy B and I saw some backyard bobs with a cage trailer load filled to the brim of green waste. Quite normal you might say. However, their precariously loaded push mowers sitting on top of the huge pile with little to keep them strapped down was pretty funny. Not a lesson I'd like to learn the hard way...
    That would be funny to see, must have also been a $229 ultra thin decked mower to lift it too.
    Cheers Garry

Pic 6 says it all. The guy needs help.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbo...st-/1077231704

Quote Originally Posted by Wyadra View Post

bahahahaha.....

Pic 5 Thongs.............

That PPE is amazing!
    Cert III Arborist

Yes he will really get the top notch clients. Blokes like him do us all a favour. They get the really bad clients
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Thats HOGES !!!!
    Cheers Fred.

His ad has already been pulled!!!!! Missed out on the laugh, should be posting in the grumpy thread.

Last job for the day was just round the corner from my place. Old Scottish lady. Been doing her lawns for years but she does all the gardening. I occasionally prune some trees and shrubs for her. She is tight with her money and I give her a good deal because she is a pensioner. She had a fall a while back so cant do any of the weeding and other stuff she used to do. She knows my rates but hasn't asked for any extras. I am talking to her and she says to me I have a lad out the back doing some weeding for me. He is just doing it for cash. I say no probs and get ion with the job. See the bloke about 45 buggering around picking up liitle piles of leaves and crap with a small scoop and bannister brush. No other tools other than a a rake and a broom.

Think to myself this bloke must be cheap. He stays away from me so I get my job done and when the old girl is paying me she says she was put on to this bloke by her son as he does weeding for him and a few other ppl. I ask what he is charging and she says $20. I say that a bit cheap for hand weeding and she says I know it hard work but its not $20 an hr its $20 a visit. I ask her how long he has been there and she says 2.5 hrs and he did 3.5 last week for same price. I am gobsmacked. I say to her thats really bloody cheap use him as much as you can. She laughs and says I still want you to do my lawns and pruning though.

I just cant fathom why someone would work for such a measly amount.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Send him around my place, he could get 8 hours work done here, happy to pay double his current rate. $40 for 8 hours suits me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Last job for the day was just round the corner from my place. Old Scottish lady. Been doing her lawns for years but she does all the gardening. I occasionally prune some trees and shrubs for her. She is tight with her money and I give her a good deal because she is a pensioner. She had a fall a while back so cant do any of the weeding and other stuff she used to do. She knows my rates but hasn't asked for any extras. I am talking to her and she says to me I have a lad out the back doing some weeding for me. He is just doing it for cash. I say no probs and get ion with the job. See the bloke about 45 buggering around picking up liitle piles of leaves and crap with a small scoop and bannister brush. No other tools other than a a rake and a broom.

Think to myself this bloke must be cheap. He stays away from me so I get my job done and when the old girl is paying me she says she was put on to this bloke by her son as he does weeding for him and a few other ppl. I ask what he is charging and she says $20. I say that a bit cheap for hand weeding and she says I know it hard work but its not $20 an hr its $20 a visit. I ask her how long he has been there and she says 2.5 hrs and he did 3.5 last week for same price. I am gobsmacked. I say to her thats really bloody cheap use him as much as you can. She laughs and says I still want you to do my lawns and pruning though.

I just cant fathom why someone would work for such a measly amount.
    his either supplementing an income or there is something wrong with him mentally, more likely the latter. If he is at least a little bit switched on he'd know better. Are you sure the scottish widow aint trying to get your rate down? You couldn't convince a 10 year old to work for that rate.

send him to me as well..will pay him $50 for 8 hours .

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast