Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

I have a very large 3 foot by 3 foot aquarium with false rock back wall on a fully enclosed stand I have advertised for sale on various places including Gumtree. The thing is in immaculate condition having never been used. I was going to use it for oscars but have too many tanks as it is and cant really afford to run another big one so reluctantly have it up for sale.

Anyway we get this message from a "chick" from the Gumtree ad stating she wants to buy it but she cant do so in person because she lives on a remote mine in the NT. She tells me she will have her own private courier come and pick it up and will pay via PayPal and have it shipped back to her in the NT.

Hmmmm I think. She doesnt quibble at the price of $2500.00 and will ship it all the way to a remote mine where she probably only has a single room. Not right methinks and I know of scams on Gumtree where they pay via PayPal and then put in a reversal stating the condition of the item was poor or they never got it so the seller gets left with no item and no money.

So I send off a nicely worded reply stating that I am not prepared to let an item of that value go sight unseen or take anything other than cash once the buyer or their agent agrees to the purchase after looking at it. I suggest that she gets her "private courier" to act as agent and send him the money so he can inspect the item and pay me for it covering both of us.

Funny she seems to have gone quite on the issue. Wonder how many people these mongrels catch out.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

yep....l used to build fish tanks commercially

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Same type of thing happened when I was selling ZTR. This person was on an offshore rig I think. Blah Blah Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I have a very large 3 foot by 3 foot aquarium with false rock back wall on a fully enclosed stand I have advertised for sale on various places including Gumtree. The thing is in immaculate condition having never been used. I was going to use it for oscars but have too many tanks as it is and cant really afford to run another big one so reluctantly have it up for sale.

Anyway we get this message from a "chick" from the Gumtree ad stating she wants to buy it but she cant do so in person because she lives on a remote mine in the NT. She tells me she will have her own private courier come and pick it up and will pay via PayPal and have it shipped back to her in the NT.

Hmmmm I think. She doesnt quibble at the price of $2500.00 and will ship it all the way to a remote mine where she probably only has a single room. Not right methinks and I know of scams on Gumtree where they pay via PayPal and then put in a reversal stating the condition of the item was poor or they never got it so the seller gets left with no item and no money.

So I send off a nicely worded reply stating that I am not prepared to let an item of that value go sight unseen or take anything other than cash once the buyer or their agent agrees to the purchase after looking at it. I suggest that she gets her "private courier" to act as agent and send him the money so he can inspect the item and pay me for it covering both of us.

Funny she seems to have gone quite on the issue. Wonder how many people these mongrels catch out.
    Google the name and number or email address etc. It often comes up somewhere with same type of scam

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Google the name and number or email address etc. It often comes up somewhere with same type of scam

Yeah did that. Nada
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Do any of you want to buy this bloody tank? I will give you discount. Special price John...wanna buy...is clean
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Do any of you want to buy this bloody tank? I will give you discount. Special price John...wanna buy...is clean
    Maybe you could ship it to Melbourne. I will pay by paypal when my courier mate collects it

Whirlpool forums has all the cons and gumtree plus lots of info if anyone decides to investigate scams.

Was driving to a job today and went past this place where they have a novel way to slash down the tall grass. There was about 4 female goats chewing their way through it but that wasn't the funny thing. What made me literally laugh out loud was the billy goat propped up in an old arm chair on the verandah surveying the scene.

All he needed was a pipe, a hat, a banjo and a gallon of shine. Made me chuckle all day.
    Cheers

Bluey

I saw my kiwi mate the other day, walking down the street with a sheep under each arm. I shouted 'Hi mate, You shearing?' then he said 'naa mate, I'm gonna root 'em both meself'

boom boom!!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I saw my kiwi mate the other day, walking down the street with a sheep under each arm. I shouted 'Hi mate, You shearing?' then he said 'naa mate, I'm gonna root 'em both meself'
    Laughed so hard brought tears to my eyes, best joke I've herd in ages.

Sounds like this old joke has changed over time. It was originally - A guy is driving through New Zealand when he sees a guy in a paddock rooting a sheep. He stops, rolls down the window and yells, "Shouldn't you be shearing that sheep?"

The Kiwi yells back, No way bro. I'm not sharing her with anyone.

Waiting on some parts from USA via USPS 'Priority'. It traveled MD>NY>Dubai>Brisbane in 4.5 days.
    To come the 200km from Bris to me has been 4 days so far & counting. No deliveries till Monday now, so will be 7 days all going well.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Waiting on some parts from USA via USPS 'Priority'. It traveled MD>NY>Dubai>Brisbane in 4.5 days.
    To come the 200km from Bris to me has been 4 days so far & counting. No deliveries till Monday now, so will be 7 days all going well.
    it always like that. I ordered honda parts from JackSmallEngine took 9 days to be delivered. A week earlier I ordered the same parts from Cranbourne, VIC took 3 weeks which At the end I cancelled the order .

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast