Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: thing that make me laugh

Default Re: thing that make me laugh

go do a quote, large property, based on about 10 similiar sized properties I do, should take between 60 to 90 minutes on my 54" deeck ride on. Customer happily tells me it takes her less than an hour with the hand mower. Nearly burst out laughinh, but thought better of it.

Ok say ...show me
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    go do a quote, large property, based on about 10 similiar sized properties I do, should take between 60 to 90 minutes on my 54" deeck ride on. Customer happily tells me it takes her less than an hour with the hand mower. Nearly burst out laughinh, but thought better of it.
    think we all get them at times my last one i quoted her 1.5 hours to mow and trim the property etc , when i was giving her the qoute she was complaining how her husband dosnt trim the edges etc etc so when i gave her my quote for 1.5 hours she nearly fell on her arse and told me but me husband has it done well in under an hour , i replied yeh with out doing the edges and missing bits and doing a quick job { her words }told her thats my price i will do it for then after that visit ,in a fortnights time when its due again i will time your husband to do it , if he has the same results or better in under an hour i will give you 5 free service calls , = i didnt get the job but when you put them on the spot to prove what thay say it seems thay dont like showing them selves up as liars ......

So the drifter TLLG decides to roll back in town....we thought u left dodge bud....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

A few weeks ago I got a call for a quote, arranged for the next day. Just before leaving home I rang to confirm he was home etc (I dont normally call but this was a bit of a drive).
    Anyway, he says, sorry the neighbours going to do it. I say ok, give me a call if any change bla bla.

Yesterday he calls and wants me to mow. I ask what happened to the neighbour. He's on holidays! haaaa. House is for sale and has an inspection.
    I say I cant (I'd already been and gone from that area) but could next week when Im back in the area.

He says, .... "people usually come straight away when I call!" Yes sir, no sir, three bags of fcuk off sir!

I guess he has a couple of properties but just know this guy would be a pita.

Probably one of those, "give me a good price, I might be able to get you more work." type of person.

Probably one of those, "give me a good price, I might be able to get you more work." type of person.

Smells like curry type to me.... I dint order farkin dim sims lol

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

In other words Mick ....He has to call someone different everytime because he phuckes everyone around and they only turn up once.

Impala...I love the way you call a spade a spade.

Lol so true there Crannbourn....

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    A few weeks ago I got a call for a quote, arranged for the next day. Just before leaving home I rang to confirm he was home etc (I dont normally call but this was a bit of a drive).
    Anyway, he says, sorry the neighbours going to do it. I say ok, give me a call if any change bla bla.

Yesterday he calls and wants me to mow. I ask what happened to the neighbour. He's on holidays! haaaa. House is for sale and has an inspection.
    I say I cant (I'd already been and gone from that area) but could next week when Im back in the area.

He says, .... "people usually come straight away when I call!" Yes sir, no sir, three bags of fcuk off sir!

I guess he has a couple of properties but just know this guy would be a pita.

now Mike you should have done the right thing and apologized and offered to come out straight away of cause the immediate service fee charge of triple price would apply
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post

Impala...I love the way you call a spade a spade.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    now Mike you should have done the right thing and apologized and offered to come out straight away of cause the immediate service fee charge of triple price would apply
    Mate, I should of given a discount, no, I should of paid him for the privilege!

He was an Aussie Impala. An arrogant one!

Cran, I think your right! Just glad to of caught this before it went any further!

On a brighter note, Im getting a few calls again, picked up a (maybe 2) new jobs today(1 weekly), a nice weekly job last week, another quote tomorrow and its all too wet to mow! Great!

3 or 4 more jobs and I'll be back to where I started this season!

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    we should start recording these types of calls and have a "things that make me laugh audio(or video) section"

today's laugh was a $160 slash that we did in december... told em 60 regular... they called us today and wanted it done for 60
    after wasting time negotiating.. etc... they said they called us and left msgs so we should do it for 60... told em it would be $160 again...

then they had a great idea: how about we do it for 80 this time then 80 the NEXT time lol ye sure no worries... ended up doing it for 160 but geez waste 10 mins talking crap

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Lol so true there Crannbourn....
    By the way Impala, I owe you an apology about the Tanaka trimmer heads. I came across a site recently that showed 3 different heads, each with different sized slots. I think one was 4mm so yes, 3.3mm line will fit through that slot! The head I use has a 3mm slot, 3.3mm line wont fit through the slot.

Found the site.....

http://www.outdoorking.com/index.php...h=2_70_167_313

Anyway Imp, Im man enough to admit that Im wrong! My bad!
    Cheers!

lol I call them After market tanaka heads.... and they are lol....

They got 3.9 line wonder if any one has given that a go....

Very Helpful Member

i was speaking to a guy today and there looking at importing a head similar to the broggia but with a blade at the end of the chain so it apparently gives a cleaner cut rather than just smashing through
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast