Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Iphone Eftpos

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Default Re: Iphone Eftpos

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Thats good Simmo you get 7 days with strata work do you know someone within the company? the strata companies I work for all have a monthly account policy.
    For my largest strata account (cleaning and mowing) i actually do the lawns for the accountant for his personal property (he gave me the referal)... So i have a very good relationship. He has taught me alot over the past few month on how to target strata properties... but i haven't started focusing on them yet as i've been very busy doing my reqular residential mowing and also guggling my marketing business.

Another one i am good friends with 3 members on the commitee (they asked if i can do there property)... Weekly cleaning and fortnighly mowing... they have pre-authorised and requested to there strata manager that they pre-allocate the funds each week to be paid. The strata direct deposit the funds usually within a week.

the other one is a community estate of 200 homes and there are 6 small parks that i do (referal and reccomendation from a client that i do in the estate)... This is the one where i need to post the invoice and they send a cheque in the mail... this takes the longest as the cheque needs to clear etc... This stata manager is really old school and have no technology... My wife rings them usually 3 - 5 days after posting to make sure they have recieved the invoice... accounts person checks and say's i send the cheque today... we get it a day or 2 later but then need to bank it etc

I also do a decent sized childcare centre and a few small commercial properties... all there terms are COD. I'm not interested if they want a 30 day account... yeah, i've probably lost a few, but that's fine... i don't want client.

With strata, you need to realise that they already have there clients money sitting in an account allocated for there expenses... It's almost criminal if they pay after 30 days in my opinion. I also recommend regular communication with strata managers and commitee members also!!

If they state that there trading terms are 30 days... well, i guess you have to accept that. atleast strata will pay and minimum risk!

Large Commercial properties will usually pay 30 days etc... its the B2B bull5h!t mentality. I don't target them nor want them. very risky imo

Simmo.

If you are serious about strata work you need to get a swms and get on the lists and they will ring you..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

If you are serious about strata work you need to get a swms and get on the lists and they will ring you..
    that's correct.. from memory i posted 2 different sites earlier this year in the secret garden that are the main ones to get onto. There is alot of buyouts and mergers happening in the strata world... which will make it more competitive for us in my opinion, It will attract larger players to tackle the market more effectively. if your interested in strata work, best to get your foot in the door sooner than later!

Simmo.

Mate as you know I have enough on my plate at the moment if I go down the strata road and we get the go ahead on the other I wouldnt be able to cope. I am happy with what I am doing for now.

Mate as you know I have enough on my plate at the moment if I go down the strata road and we get the go ahead on the other I wouldnt be able to cope. I am happy with what I am doing for now.
    My comments were intended to be more generalised for all members on here looking at getting into strata.... Sorry for the confusion!

I haven't promoted my business for strata... Like you dean, im way to busy to commit and need flexibility in my work schedual that I can get from residential clients at this stage.

Simmo.

Riiite... I wasnt talking to you either lol

Riiite... I wasnt talking to you either lol

Simmo.

Strata companies paying within 7 days, i wish, only 1 does that for me, the others are 14 to 21 days.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567