Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Kubota GR2110 vs JD X534

Default Kubota GR2110 vs JD X534

G'Day Team,
    I hope you guys can help. I'm a small block owner with about 3 acres to mow. Not difficult except i have a flood levy surrounding the house.
    The levy is approximately 1.8m in elevation with relative steep sides, about 30-40 degrees in areas. So as you can picture, not a long climb for a mower but pretty steep.
    The previous owners had running vines and ground cover over it but we have decided we'd rater the clean look of lawn.
    All very well until it comes to mowing. The Torro Z4800 I have certianly isn't up to the job. In most places it wont climb and feels particularly unsafe when i try.
    Yesterday i had a demo of a Kubota GR2110 54inch deck. This machine will certainly climb the banks and appears to do a respactable job of mowing in general.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these tractors. From research it looks like the nearest thing is the John Deere X534 which is a bit more expensive and runs petrol vs the Kubota Diesel. Any commenst on these?
    Also wondering if perhaps you guys had any other suggestions on what you'd use for the job.

Thanks

Default Re: Kubota GR2110 vs JD X534

I would stick with the Kubota, you could look at any of the 4wd mowers, like Toro, John Deere but the price will really sell it for you, the Toro and John Deere are a lot more expensive.

Default Re: Kubota GR2110 vs JD X534

Thanks David. I also like that the Kubota is Diesel. Surely it will outlast any small petrol. Add to thet the extra torque when it get tough.