Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your help please: cheap website

Default Your help please: cheap website

Hi Folks,

One of my (elderly) clients asked me why they couldn't find me on the web! What's the best and cheapest way to go? Vistaprint offer a hosting servive but I think they own your domain name.

I want people to be able to put 'forest hill' and 'pruning' into google and up pops my website.

Really appreciate your input, I am completely at sea with this!

Tom

Default Re: Your help please: cheap website

I have a weebly site, its free easy to use and i appear in the first 3 for a number of keywords on google. You can also use myob getting aussie business online, its free you get a free .com.au web address for 2 years as well. just need ur abn, ive cancelled mine and just use the .com.au web address for my weebly site now.
    Independent and i know it

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    Hi Folks,

One of my (elderly) clients asked me why they couldn't find me on the web! What's the best and cheapest way to go? Vistaprint offer a hosting servive but I think they own your domain name.

I want people to be able to put 'forest hill' and 'pruning' into google and up pops my website.

Tom
    Try all the free listings also, hotfrog, truelocal, startlocal,yellow pages, LMD ON INDY MOWING etc

i reckon bluey would be the one to point you in the right direction on that one , hes the wiz it seems with this kind of stuff and knows the ins and outs of it all .........

Tell them the reason you can not find you on the web is it is an extra cost to incorporate into your business. By not having one you are able to remain competitive with the market. If they are choosing a professional job by seeing a web page they have the wrong idea.

Let your work do the talking and I can almost guarantee the word will get around almost as quick as a google search.

If they want a web page get one and see if they also want to increase their fees to help pay for it!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Yep. Yellow pages. Once your listing is up and running.... It is linked to google maps.
    You can create a google email and update the map listing which is a kind of webpage. You can upload photos and text heaps with links etc...
    The listing is showed in Google and it's maps.
    I get allot of customers this way. They say they searched on Google for a lawn mowing guy near them in google maps....
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Back to Basics View Post
    Tell them the reason you can not find you on the web is it is an extra cost to incorporate into your business. By not having one you are able to remain competitive with the market. If they are choosing a professional job by seeing a web page they have the wrong idea.

Let your work do the talking and I can almost guarantee the word will get around almost as quick as a google search.

If they want a web page get one and see if they also want to increase their fees to help pay for it!
    Word will get around alot FASTER if you have a website..pay for it?..lol 9.90/mth ..if that can pull 50+ quotation form enquiries in 12months ..ah yea
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

i just googled mowing in my towni turned up twice in the top4. from yellow pages and truelocal.com

I think I typed in "Gardening Kingaroy" one time Kathryn, and your name came up number 1. lol

Can't remember where that was though.

*edit* yellow pages you are the only gardener in my area lol

Quote Originally Posted by TomSizer View Post
    Hi Folks,

Tom
    Hi Tom

Web pages are much like the work we do. You get cheap ones that will do a job. Maybe not all that well but it is a web page. Then on there other hand you can get really expensive ones that do an equally crappy job. And in between you get good well priced ones. You need to be able to get in behind the scenes if your going to do any serious SEO on a page. Getting a page to the first page on Google depends on a lot of things but if there is lots of competition it becomes a whole lot harder. I personnally don't like the simple web pages or spam in a can pages as i call them. They work but not as well as I like. The one thing you need to do is make sure your getting to front page on Google. If you are not then you may as well have a clay tablet for all the good it will do you. You should shop around a bit before you buy. Don't under any circumstance go with any Indian SEO companies that promise to get you on front page of Google in a week.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I dont think Ive said this before but this thread should be in the members section I think!

I mean, its one thing to help with pricing, equipment etc but, how best to be a competitor is another!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I dont think Ive said this before but this thread should be in the members section I think!

I mean, its one thing to help with pricing, equipment etc but, how best to be a competitor is another!
    seems kind of unfair

all the info on here helps guys become better at what we do, and able to compete better with other businesses who may not be as self aware and seeking info from others.

why not lock the whole thing up behind a members only portal?>

cheers

Mate, its one thing to say, "charge $x/hr, get insurance from X, use X brand machinery" etc. Its another telling people how to be a competitor. That does know one already struggling any favours.
    If they are a paid up member then sure but I bet there are 100's of people reading all this taking notes. 1, 2 or 10 may want to start up in your area. There are enough start ups, why help them to compete againt you? Its kind of idiotic really! Do you think Coke helps Pepsi how to sell more product?

Competition for large corp's is great, monopolies are bad but, competition for us keeps prices down below where it should be, gives perspective customers a false idea of our worth and generally makes things more difficult all round.

I see what you're saying Mick but in this case I think that help with getting your web page on the top of a Google search is not industry specific, if you care to spend the time you can freely find that information on the web.

Becoming competitive is one thing, staying that way is another and requires constant vigilance. From a web point of view you can get there but to stay there you need to constantly reinvent yourself. Personally I believe if you're a cowboy/beer money Bob you aren't going to keep at the website maintenance thing beyond what is cheapest initially.

Perhaps education like this topic and others providing help and assistance will sort the wheat from the chaff. Genuine cowboys are a dime a dozen and rarely around for long but starting out as one doesn't mean that you will stay a cowboy. I'd love to know how many started out with the undercut at every opportunity attitude and then, because of sites like this realised they have a better chance of longevity if they become more professional, learn to do a top job, work out how to price so they are competitive AND making a decent living.

MOST customers aren't stupid, while there will always be people who just want a cheap job and have no regard for quality and no loyalty (and I still say that's OK, some people have to have a skinny budget and are prepared to get what they can afford to pay for), I believe the majority will always want a great job and be prepared to pay for it. If you learn to do something better you will also learn that what you do is worth more, that can drive prices up as customers realise you get what you pay for.

Does any of that make sense...I knew where I wanted to go when I started typing but seem to have gotten myself sidetracked along the way
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    seems kind of unfair

all the info on here helps guys become better at what we do, and able to compete better with other businesses who may not be as self aware and seeking info from others.

why not lock the whole thing up behind a members only portal?>

cheers
    yeh and member or not they are still another business anyway so whats the difference

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast