Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your help please: cheap website

Default Re: Your help please: cheap website

why does paying dean $140 make them your instant mate and THEN make it ok to help them compete with you in your area.

imo if we could get all the "cowboys" and "beer money bobs" and "little guys" reading this forum charging a PROPER price it would be better for all

but thats just me

?????

Fark that all my clients love me the look after me in every way so I do the same....

Got one clent never home all ways says go in the fridge and get a drink beer soda what ever becase it a name she can trust....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Oh don't start the members v's non members secret garden debate! Jims v's Indy's, indy's v's cowboys, fact is there are good and bad of all of them but being a member is cheap and helps pay for the website and gets you discounts etc and IMO is a great association to be a part of.

On topic 'websites' it's funny that Tom's client found him then said she couldn't find his website... probably doesn't need one if she'd already found him and employed him anyway!

Anyone care to share the ratio of leads they get from website v's newspaper v's word of mouth v's other stuff??? I think it would show different results from different businesses and clientelle.

Good one andy man....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    I see what you're saying Mick but in this case I think that help with getting your web page on the top of a Google search is not industry specific, if you care to spend the time you can freely find that information on the web.
    Thats correct, all the info is freely available out on the web, so why give a short cut straight to the end? I just dont understand how anyone would think helping a competitors website potentially do better than ours is a good thing for us. Think about it. What companies advise competitors on how to sell more product? They dont! They dont because its bad for business. Am I not explaining myself well enough?

Im not talking about equipment, costing etc, Ive said that already. What Im saying is that telling people how to get there websites above yours isnt, IMO, a smart thing to do!

How many people come on here and just take the advice of others and give nothing back? I bet its 100's, if not a couple thousand. I truly believe there are some things that should be left to a paid up members area, how to get there websites powering is one of them. Members section limits the amount of eyes!

Ive been guilty of saying more than I should in the past, Im being a bit of a hypocrite even, but Im starting to think a bit more about what should be made freely available to the general public.

Most here learnt the hard way, sometimes at great expense, trial and error etc. If we can help someone make there business work better or level the playing field, thats great but doing so in regards to websites isnt a smart thing to do. Its just going to screw with our own sites and just make things more difficult for ourselves in the end.

Surely its not hard to understand what Im saying.

Happy, are you a paid up member? If you are then whats the problem? If you arent then I understand that you'd feel your missing out on the really good stuff and less special!

Tomsizer, I meant no disrespect to you personally ok and sorry for taking this thread off topic.

I think websites have different purposes. If you are not really chasing work but happy to quote on referrals, a website that isn't ranking high doesn't matter as your referrer will give the name of your business or website and they should be able to find it easy enough and check out a few of your pics. On the other hand if you are actively chasing work to grow your business, you need a website to perform in rankings to maximise the amount of people that will click on your site.

I have been using Google Adwords on mine and it's interesting to see my clicks dwindle over Summer as the rain continued. I went from 87 in January to just 12 in February with the same budget and same add. I also log into my Cpanel for my site so I can see which words or phrases directed those people to my site. It's interesting to know the search phrases potential clients use, rather than the terms I would use as someone in the industry. I then add them to my Adwords campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Im not talking about equipment, costing etc, Ive said that already. What Im saying is that telling people how to get there websites above yours isnt, IMO, a smart thing to do!

Happy, are you a paid up member? If you are then whats the problem? If you arent then I understand that you'd feel your missing out on the really good stuff and less special!

i see what youre saying, with the first part of your copied quote, but i dont understand (still) how paying the $140 makes it instantly okay to do what you dont want to do with such passion.

but fair enuf mate

no im not a indy MEMBER you can see that on my name it says FORUM member, not MEMBER

i dont see any advantage to paying the $140, no one has explainedf that to me in a way that makes sense.

and i dont think im missing out on anything, its not a problem for me

ive asked guys whats in your SECRET GARDEN, the answer is always "not much"

of COURSE thats always been in a one to one private message or phone conv., which is the best way to get the honest truth - some wont post what they honestly think on the open forum,

wonder why?

cheers

"Not much" would be pretty much correct! But discussing topics like this should be in that area IMO!
    I guess, where that fails is if a non member cant post in the members section.

I wont be giving advice that may help my competitors other than the run of the mill, which mower/trimmer etc.
    Telling others how to advance the search results serves no purpose other than to hurt my business and in the end, my income!
    I would suggest others think about it too!

Im done with this.

Thats correct, all the info is freely available out on the web, so why give a short cut straight to the end? I just dont understand how anyone would think helping a competitors website potentially do better than ours is a good thing for us. Think about it. What companies advise competitors on how to sell more product? They dont! They dont because its bad for business. Am I not explaining myself well enough?

How many people come on here and just take the advice of others and give nothing back? I bet its 100's, if not a couple thousand. I truly believe there are some things that should be left to a paid up members area, how to get there websites powering is one of them. Members section limits the amount of eyes!

Ive been guilty of saying more than I should in the past, Im being a bit of a hypocrite even, but Im starting to think a bit more about what should be made freely available to the general public.

Most here learnt the hard way, sometimes at great expense, trial and error etc. If we can help someone make there business work better or level the playing field, thats great but doing so in regards to websites isnt a smart thing to do. Its just going to screw with our own sites and just make things more difficult for ourselves in the end.

Tomsizer, I meant no disrespect to you personally ok and sorry for taking this thread off topic.
    Well said Mick we have to be careful folks especially in regard to discussing advertising.

Plenty on here that are willing to take but they arent so willing to give back keep stuff like this for our private section.

thats why we have to go back to the private section,as far am concerned there is too much giving away and nothing in return...happy join up whats a 140 bucks , you have got a lot oout of the forum and yes you do give something back//lately theres too much information throwing around to lurkers who just pull the guts our of our information...dont mind competing but would like to think its a business who is prepared to give and take and pay there dues.....this forum wouldnt exist on free membership only would it??

Very Helpful Member

Happy
    great pricing on insurance and the on line shop has good prices as well
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

next time my insurance comes up (june/july i think from when i filled in the real estate details) ill give dean a ring

oh, thats if i could find deans number

on line shop, eh, im a dinosaur,i generally refuse to buy stuff online, and outright refuse to have stuff delivered (had stuff just left at the gate in the past when i was assured it wouldnt be)

but cheers ian, thanks for the info

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    next time my insurance comes up (june/july i think from when i filled in the real estate details) ill give dean a ring
    oh, thats if i could find deans number
    Indy insurance runs from end of july til end of july
    try (03) 5628 1325
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

thanks ian, number saved in phone

Well said Mick! Think we should discuss ALL the important things in private.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast