Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hustler Fastrak

Default Hustler Fastrak

Just a update on my Hustler Fastrak, have put it through it's paces over the last few days and boy I am glad I bought this mower. My old Cox was a good mower but this is so much better, cuts faster, cuts better in the really thick stuff and is great for overgrown lawns as well. The catcher unit is well worth the extra money, only problem is over filling as Jas warned about his Toro. I took the catcher bags out today and just mowed a overgown lawn, no problem except that with the wind blowing from behind I wore a lot of cuttings. I will make up a small curtain to mount on back of mower to stop this problem.
    Well worth the money I spent on this mower. Will update after a few weeks or months use.
    Still will have to use my Cox for some jobs as I cant get the Hustler through the gates, BUGGER

Default Re: Hustler Fastrak

Davo is that the bace model one for like 6 large????
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

It's about $8000 Kev it has commercial drives but is not as heavily built as the next model. I paid a bit over $10 for it with the catcher setup.

Yeah!!! you will not have to worry about your new Hustler, mine both have Kawasaki V-Twins and they are magic machines.

Aprart from regular oil changes, blades ect.... you will never put a spanner on it, they are that good, look after it and it will look after you.

I bought the smaller Hustler Sport late last year for the very reason it fits through a lot of gates,just like yours I look back over my shoulder after all my mows and still can''t believe how good these machines cut, these things add new meaning to the old saying īt turns grass into lawn".......enjoy your new machine, I have had many years of reliable and great service from both my machines.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

I take it from your post that you perform all the maintenance tasks nad how many hours have you acquired....sounds great though-

Hi David, im about to purchase a hustler in the next week or so and was considering the sport 42 or the fastrack 48 as i catch all my lawns and was thinking the assisted blower would would work alot better. What size cut is your machine? do you have any issues with the blower getting in the way on small yards?

geoff,

No I do not perform all maintenance on my Hustlers. All I can do is oil changes, blades, filters and so on.
    I can honestly say that both my machines have been trouble free as far as machanics go, have never put a spanner on one of them to do a repair.

I have the Hustler Sport 42", and the Hustler Fastrack 48".

But what I do is get them thoughily seviced twice a year, once before the season gets into full swing and once halfway through the season.

I tell my guy I want new belts all round, fuel filters, all greased, deck levelled and pretty much anything else he thinks needs doing, this happens twice a year and so so not a hick up at all.

The Hustler Sport in only about 4 months old but the Fastrack is nearly four years old.Both have supreme cuts, the secret to this is sharp blades and clean under decks.

Like I have said, never put a spanner on either Hustler, they have never broken down or let me down in any way.

Most guys have there favourite brands so I guess as far as ZTRs go the Hustler is mine.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience

Evan,

I have the 48" Fastrak, I looked at the sport but it looked to flimsy for what I wanted. With the catcher on the mower it is 58" wide, you have to remember that you have the catcher on the back, takes a little while to get used to it. The boost is brillant, need to keep an eye on catcher tho as you can fill it and the pipe too, not to hard to empty unless it is wet then it packs in hard. If you don't want the catcher I just pull the bags out and put a little screen up to stop the grass coming back into engine bay, not a lot does come back but I like to keep it clean.

Geoff I do most of my own maintenance too but I take my mowers to dealer for major service as Antic said to get a mechanic to check it right over and adjust what I have missed.

Hustler Learner.jpgThis is what I put on the back of the mower for the other half today as she is mowing with it tomorrow for the first time. I had her using it in the back paddock on sat and today so she has had a bit of practise will see how she goes tomorrow

I Want one!!!!!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Other half just put 6 hrs on it today and now she reckons she has earned a red P plate LOL. She loves it now and is starting to get the hang of it more. I am going to put the catcher back on next week so she can get used to it. I took off just in case, took me about 7 minutes to full remove and put flap back on. Might take a little bit longer to put back on tho.
    You to can have one for about $8000 or $10400 with catcher Fairdinkum

Just mowed a Retirement Village today, I have mowed it with my Cox and it takes about 3hrs and another 3 hrs for edging and snipping, today it took me in total 4.5 hrs. Hustler cut my mowing time in half if not a bit more as I stopped to talk to some of the residents. Glad I decided to purchase this mower, will give me back some time to either enjoy or sell a bit more work.

Chris'schariot.jpgI can't get to use my mower any more, the other half has claimed as her Chariot and wont let me use it. LOL
    I haven't let her loose with the catcher on it yet as you have to remember that there is about 500mm overhang at the back. When she is really confident then I will put the catcher back on. I do use the catcher which is really good, does not like long wet grass but is fine on regularly mowed wet grass.

Make yourself up an Operator Controlled Discharge Chute. OCDC. Much easier to deal with clippings around windows, cars etc. You have the hinge already, just need a bit of checker plate, some angle iron and some rope or chain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast