Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utes Vs Trailers

Default Re: Utes Vs Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    a good tip (esp for gazza) put a bit of shade cloth in the bottom of the trailer, then wehn you get some of the weight off, just pull the shade cloth , voila, the lot comes out

care needs to be taken you dont get the cloth stuck under the load on the ground, im gonna experiment with tying a rope to it, then half pulling it out then driving away so the trailer pulls the cloth out of the pile (last time i did it i lost the cloth under the load and it was a pita to roll the lot over to get the cloth back)

but it sure unloads the trailer/ute quickly

also use it on the ute, but roll the load over by grabbing the opposite side and rolling it off, then the cloth ends up on top - sweeeeet
    and i couldnt do without both ite and trailer now, all my tools are in the trailer boxes, i can put the ride on in the trailer or leave her at home to pick up extra stuff (easier to load up the trailer ramp) and i can put waste on the ute to roll off.

cant imagine not having both (*shudders*)

cheers
    Great Idea there - Thanks, I've got plenty of shade cloth in the shed and the brain is already working on it.

Side not to all,
    Another thing about a clean well presented trailer/rig, it presents a professional image and well-to-do clients like to have a good rig parked at there place, especially if your doing a great job and present your self well.
    I service many a clients who live in very prestiges homes or close to including in the mansion status plus farm ranches. You not only get that type of client, but there commercial business as well. Commercial business are required to be serviced every fortnight regardless of season = winter income. Just another train of thought to consider with a trailer package.

Re economy when towing, in the petrol brigade, the 2.7 Hilux in the newer model was the most fuel efficent to run that I researched. The diesels hilux were too dear at the time.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Great Idea there - Thanks, I've got plenty of shade cloth in the shed and the brain is already working on it.

Side not to all,
    Another thing about a clean well presented trailer/rig, it presents a professional image and well-to-do clients like to have a good rig parked at there place, especially if your doing a great job and present your self well.
    I service many a clients who live in very prestiges homes or close to including in the mansion status plus farm ranches. You not only get that type of client, but there commercial business as well. Commercial business are required to be serviced every fortnight regardless of season = winter income. Just another train of thought to consider with a trailer package.

Re economy when towing, in the petrol brigade, the 2.7 Hilux in the newer model was the most fuel efficent to run that I researched. The diesels hilux were too dear at the time.
    Gazza, along Happys line but a variant.
    Get 2 strong webbing straps or ropes & b4 loading place them in trailer 1/3 & 2/3 the way along.
    Run them down the side across the bottom & back up the other side with 1-1.5m over the outsides.
    Load trailer. Tie the loose ends & with another rope/strap tie onto both.
    Tie strap/rope to an anchor point & drive off.
    Everything comes out in one hit.
    Lots of tips provide anchor points 4 this method.
    Cheers Fred.

Thanks Fred,

Always good ideas to found and shared here.

I've actually not experienced it a pain to empty the trailer and can most times empty it as quick as the 6x4 residential bloke beside me at the tip.
    I never empty grass straight into the trailer, too hard to remove and its not my style, always in chaff bags. Plus grass is free to dump in our locality.

But all ideas to improve routines are more than welcome.

Sorry "Woodchip" if we are getting off topic, but we love our trailers as you well may guess by now.
    Cheers Garry

Side not to all,

Hey Gazza, I have many comments about my ute and trailer combo - what do they say a pic tells a thousand words, well presented, organised and will do a great job - just by looking at your rig.

11PB160104.jpg

I in the middle of modifying my trailer so I can have all the gear in the trailer and use the ute for the waste. The local dump charges $27 for a trailer.....even if it's got two bags in it, but a maximum of $10 for a ute no matter how much is in it.....$6 if it's not very full. Although using a trailer can be a PITA when you're looking for a park (although the local parking inspector is one of my clients....lol.....I told him if he books me his lawn will cost $84 next time instead of $30) the convenience beats the parking problem hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    Hey Gazza, I have many comments about my ute and trailer combo - what do they say a pic tells a thousand words, well presented, organised and will do a great job - just by looking at your rig.

11PB160104.jpg
    4 Gardens what size trailer is that?

11PB160104.jpg
    Dido, know what you mean

Original poster "Woodchip" wasn't enquiring re the tool box, but this is mine seeing we have deviated towards trailer talk some what.

Cheers Garry

I'd put up a pic of my "storage area" but it would make too many cry.

Lol Gazza. Whats the glen20 for? I know we normally get a bit stinky in this line of work but jeezus.Bit strong for the armpits.

Garry that tool box is a work of art so organised

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinelawns View Post
    4 Gardens what size trailer is that?
    Hi Sunshine,
    the tray is 8*5 for my greenwaste etc, there is a closed mower box in front and toolbox similar to Gazzas on the LHS.

Gazza that is great - my cabinet on LHS is a bit smaller inside, whippys go on RHS in box, blowers in with the mower - will take a pic today and post

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post
    Lol Gazza. Whats the glen20 for? I know we normally get a bit stinky in this line of work but jeezus.Bit strong for the armpits.
    Hehh,
    Come on you should have guessed it,------ for the ear muffs ocassionally.

Middle shelf next to the hammer is a bike pump, thats for the wheel barrow, although I do carry a 12V pump for the ride on.
    Cheers Garry

Hi Sunshine,
    the tray is 8*5 for my greenwaste etc, there is a closed mower box in front and toolbox similar to Gazzas on the LHS.

Gazza that is great - my cabinet on LHS is a bit smaller inside, whippys go on RHS in box, blowers in with the mower - will take a pic today and post
    Look forward to the picture coming up, always good to bounce off each other for ideas, I may post tonight the inside of the mower compartment.
    Cheers Garry

1P4040129.jpg1P4040131.jpg

This is the LHS with mower box and cabinets. Cabinet is a bit smaller so is used for small stuff mainly, incl Chainsaw, fuel, hand tools, chemicals, irrigation supplies, etc

I like how your dogs are there with ya i would like to take mine with me but he barks at every thing....

Dido, know what you mean

Original poster "Woodchip" wasn't enquiring re the tool box, but this is mine seeing we have deviated towards trailer talk some what.

But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast