Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: toro

Default Re: toro

You should be able to dig a 20cm x 10cm rectangle next to the pipe where it screws in, and then screw these in. The single elbow end goes into the tee, and the two elbows go into the sprinkler. This allows the height to be moved up and down easily, and also if it gets hit by a mower or gets driven over, the elbow will take the jolt and snap rather than the sprinkler.

http://www.duralirrigation.com.au/on...vigationID=873

Just unscrew the riser from the single elbow, screw in the single elbow into the tee, then screw the riser back into the elbow while the elbow is facing up so it's easy to get in, then the sprinkler into the double elbow at the right height and backfill! I use a spade to dig a nice clean section of turf out and then dig it down with a crowbar to get to the right depth. Just use a 20mm x 15mm bush where the two elbows join the sprinkler. They sound like Hunter PGP sprinklers if they have a 20mm thread.

thats the ones. but would i be able to get the the riser to angle lower into the dirt so that i can get these sprinlers sitting below ground level. they shouldnt ever be on t's i know but they are
    Indy and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    thats the ones. but would i be able to get the the riser to angle lower into the dirt so that i can get these sprinlers sitting below ground level. they shouldnt ever be on t's i know but they are
    Just spin the tee so its facing sideways. Oh is it male tee? If so you will also need a 15mm female threaded socket so you can screw the elbow into it.
    This is a 20mm swing arm with a similar sprinkler. You can just angle the riser down and turn the elbows so the sprinkler is nice and straight and at the right height.
    swing arm (Small).JPG
    swing arm2 (Small).JPG

stripes you are a bloody genius. i am so happy that i dont haveto try to change the t's over. i was really dreading it. i should be able to rotate the existing fitting onto its side. they are male . im thinking i could just get a bush to join a riser onto the t and then just use an elbow at the other end? ill wait till monday and see what the local shop has. and then each pop up will be on its own branch rather than inline. better again. im happy now
    Indy and proud

054.jpg058.jpgas ive already said i think stripes is a great bloke. it took me 6 hours yesterday to get all this sprinklers fixed but without his advice i would still be elbow deep in the ground. i would love to tell the person who originally installed this irrigation what i think of their work, so much for landscaping companies from toowoomba.046.jpg047.jpg
    Indy and proud

Quote Originally Posted by topnug View Post
    Sorry to hijack as well, but cowboys??? woa i think i found their masterpiece today!!!

Control box - all stations in yellow!
    master valve - twisted wires
    one station 9 yes 9 joins over a span of 10m with 3 different guages of wire and all yup you guessed it - just twisted
    all wiring fromt the 2 solonoids i could actually finde were individual wires just loosely placed less than 5cm below the surface of the soil, no insulation no taping under piping
    oh speaking of piping going from PVC to 19mm PE!
    this made me cringe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12