Hello -- let me introduce myself.

I live in the Dandenong Ranges on a few acres and am at the stage of life where its time to 'do the things you want rather than the things you have to'. I have quite an involvement with the Landcare movement.

We have a steep block and in past have had it mown/slashed by a guy with a 4wd tractor & slasher,
but for various reasons have decided to take charge of things ourselves and after some research have taken a leap-of-faith and bought a 4WD rideon that is new to Australia (have one of possibly the first 4 imported from Germany) and purpose built for STEEP and rougher land.
The mower is an AS Motor Sherpa 940, 27HP, German designed and made and is specified to handle up/down slopes to 40 degrees and 17 degrees cross.
So far its proven to be a great performer & its like 'mowing on steriods!' & feels like it is stickng to the slope in almost any conditions.

I also reckoned that there was a niche market for cutting steeper blocks in the area as the machine is much more manoeuvable and has much better access than a tractor combo - so am now in the maketplace for some work to help the machine earn its keep, so here I am launchine into the world of becoming a 'part time mowing contractor', as I don't need to do it full-time for a livelihood.
... So here goes....