Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Hello from Joe - another newbie

Default Hello from Joe - another newbie

Hello -- let me introduce myself.

I live in the Dandenong Ranges on a few acres and am at the stage of life where its time to 'do the things you want rather than the things you have to'. I have quite an involvement with the Landcare movement.

We have a steep block and in past have had it mown/slashed by a guy with a 4wd tractor & slasher,
    but for various reasons have decided to take charge of things ourselves and after some research have taken a leap-of-faith and bought a 4WD rideon that is new to Australia (have one of possibly the first 4 imported from Germany) and purpose built for STEEP and rougher land.
    The mower is an AS Motor Sherpa 940, 27HP, German designed and made and is specified to handle up/down slopes to 40 degrees and 17 degrees cross.
    So far its proven to be a great performer & its like 'mowing on steriods!' & feels like it is stickng to the slope in almost any conditions.

I also reckoned that there was a niche market for cutting steeper blocks in the area as the machine is much more manoeuvable and has much better access than a tractor combo - so am now in the maketplace for some work to help the machine earn its keep, so here I am launchine into the world of becoming a 'part time mowing contractor', as I don't need to do it full-time for a livelihood.
    ... So here goes....

Default Re: Hello from Joe - another newbie

Hi Joe, if you look down (way down) you can probably see us!

The machine sounds interesting, do you have any pics or video of it in action?

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing how your niche develops. Will you do other slashing work as well or just those in mountain goat territory?
    ~ Joanne ~

Gday and welcome Joe. Sounds like you might have a niche market there indeed. Hope it works for you.

Is this like what you've bought?

Hi Joe and welcome, geez you might be onto something there.. that things a beast!
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

That's a great vid Paul. Thanks. It handles wet well too then because that trench would be wet from the rain that had clearly soaked the area. At 3.22- 3.45 you swear it's gonna roll!
    ~ Joanne ~

Saw another vid when I found that one that actually has double rear wheels which would help prevent rolling even more I reckon. Only rear wheel drive though I think.

Very Helpful Member

$19k for 36" cut it would want to be a beast but then well worth the money for the ease and safety on the sloping blocks
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

there as a qld website that stated a price of abt $19k, but they can be bought here in Aust for much less that that.
    I got mine (cos it was an initial order) for closer to the cost of a Grillo 2WD from the company who is now a seller here in Vic.

yep, that is the machine!