Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: echo blower Idles but wont run.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default echo blower Idles but wont run.

My echo blower will idle but as soon as I try and run it it cuts out. I have cleaned out the exhaust cleaned the carbie cleaned the air cleaner and tried another spark plug but still doing the same thing. Even cleaned the fuel lines and blew them out with compressed air.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: echo blower Idles but wont run.

dont have an echo cranbourne but have you tried the high low setting on carby if it has them ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    My echo blower will idle but as soon as I try and run it it cuts out. I have cleaned out the exhaust cleaned the carbie cleaned the air cleaner and tried another spark plug but still doing the same thing. Even cleaned the fuel lines and blew them out with compressed air.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    it does have a low setting on the carby. You should probably follow instructions to adjust it. I have a book in the garage if you dont have one

Yeah I've got the ajustment screws but doesn't seem to make any difference. I have just finished stripping the carbie down again needle and seat... everything that can be pulled apart on the carbie has been done washed, blown out and put back together and no difference. Has got me stumped.

carbie jet maybe? hold it up to the light you should be able to see light? if not you facing the big fella up there maytbe a pray mite help....hahahah

Vapour lock???
    your inlet needle valve could be adjusted wrong as the arm tends to bend easily and usually does over time or even the diaphrams (gaskets) need replacing not pumping enough fuel.
    is the muffler blocked or the fire screen blocked, this can cause these symptoms
    fuel filter in the tank need replacing as its blocked??
    Does she have compression??
    Independent and i know it

if you have adjusted the screw cranbourne = you havnt opened the high to much its drowning it ??? i know when my stihl was playing up i adjusted them enough to get the job done and gave to my mate at shop and he said from memory wind screws in completly the wind each screw out aprox i think it was 1 and half turns , then tinker with it from there to balance the throtal response ..

not enough oil in the fuel can slow em down and not rev

or as suggested something is blocking a feed hole or the high speed jets

How old is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Yeah I've got the ajustment screws but doesn't seem to make any difference. I have just finished stripping the carbie down again needle and seat... everything that can be pulled apart on the carbie has been done washed, blown out and put back together and no difference. Has got me stumped.
    If you need parts I have about 3 oldies as spares (will get 1 good one at least outa the three)

Very Helpful Member

i will go with the fuel filter engine can't draw enough fuel when you rev but can at idle
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Glenn, when u prime the carby, does the bulb pop straight back out?
    If not, its likely to be the fuel filter.
    I would also suggest having another shot on the low speed screw, starting about 3/4 turn from fully seated.
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i will go with the fuel filter engine can't draw enough fuel when you rev but can at idle
    jeez, Im a slow typer.
    Cheers Fred.

Thanks for all the replies fella's. I 've cleaned everything I can clean ie carby and muff - exhaust port - spark arrestor. It does seem like its starving for fuel. Earlier in the day it would run on full but only for a couple of seconds. I have taken the fuel filter out and was able to blow through it but I don't know how easy it should be to do that so all that tells me is its not completly blocked. High and low settings I have tried a couple of times now but hasn't made a difference.

Funny you mentioned the primer bulb Fred because it hasn't seemed right from the start. Doenst have that feel of being full and releasing like it normally would.

Will have to go buy another blower in the morning. Its the only piece of equipment I dont have a back up for. I cant wait for it to be fixed if I put it in the shop and there is no way I'm using a broom tomorrow, I have about 9 lawns to do.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Pope blower. Big W, $148?
    Cheers Fred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast