Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Autumn/Spring

Default Re: Advertising Autumn/Spring

We have a thread in the members section devoted to this topic

Damn.. how do we get into the members section?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Damn.. how do we get into the members section?
    That's easy... ask PaulG for his logins

PaulG just curious... how in depth does it go in the members section? The only reason why I ask is there are a few "paid up" members who either don't look there as they have commented in the forum here that they are struggling to get clients... or is it there simply not following the advice from the members section?

Simmo.

This similar topic in the member's section has about the same replies as here at the moment Simmo. Plenty of readers - not a lot of contributors.....

I started it basically for everyone to contribute ideas for advertising and increasing work during the Winter season.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Thanks PaulG for clarifying...

Also, leaves fall in Autumn so promoting gutter cleaning should work well.

Simmo.

Yes, Simmo, I thought about adding gutter cleaning to this thread while I was doing a gutter clean today.
    Obviously you need to be confident at heights and walking around roofs, knowing where to stand & where not to, wear the right footwear, have good ladders etc. The work tends to be hard on the knees, as you are constantly squatting next to the gutter, but they can be a good earner....$80+gst seems to be a minimum.

cheers

[QUOTE=Woodchip;97591]Yes, Simmo, I thought about adding gutter cleaning to this thread while I was doing a gutter clean today.
    Obviously you need to be confident at heights and walking around roofs, knowing where to stand & where not to, wear the right footwear, have good ladders etc. The work tends to be hard on the knees, as you are constantly squatting next to the gutter, but they can be a good earner....$80+gst seems to be a minimum.

cheers[/QUOT

Do you use safety gear. I used to do heaps (double with safety gear) and will target them again from this year BUT no double storeys and using safety gear on singles. I know I will price myself out of many jobs but that will be fine.

For my prices you gotta visitbthe private section

got another call today for a clean up gig... $130 for about 1.5hrs work plus picked her up as a reg every 2 to 3 weeks for the mow at $25.00 its about three runs with my honda so i told her minium charge is 25 and she was cool with that.

Where is this private section?
    Ive searched for it & still nothing.?
    Im a full paying member also
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Send Admin a PM imoww for teh key to the door!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    This similar topic in the member's section has about the same replies as here at the moment Simmo. Plenty of readers - not a lot of contributors.....

I started it basically for everyone to contribute ideas for advertising and increasing work during the Winter season.
    Paulg, I'm not a paid member, but im contributing to this forum through my knowledge,and past experiences
    But because I can't offered a membership does this mean I'm not entitled too some friendly advice and help???
    Last I looked I can open a thread about any topic, doesn't need to be shot down by you. This can help ppl you are legitamate who start this business using there mates gear, any extra cash they have goes on petrol for the week, I can't see why we have to tell them to become a member to access this info when of course that's the ultimate goal to become an Indy, but for some right now there facing hard times being a slow summer and rained off for a week, common give them a break let them build there business and access Free information

im not trying to have an argument, But i feel like u have just punched me in the head With a comment like that,
    I understand u want to be loyal to dean and his site, and ur trying to "do the right thing" And stop unwanted eyes looking at the forum, but We all have something in common here, WE ARE ALL TRYING TO BE SUCCESFUL,
    So PaulG plz dont take my above comment the wrong way, And lets get back on topic

Greenie you just wrote all those words yourself - inferred from the very small comments I made that had no malice or anything directed to you or anyone. I didn't "shoot anyone down" and I sure as hell didn't take this thread "off-topic".

Your words - none of mine.

And you're not the only one who might be doing it tough at the moment; just one of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    Yes, Simmo, I thought about adding gutter cleaning to this thread while I was doing a gutter clean today.

cheers
    gutters min 80$!? ...*shakes head* NO
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    gutters min 80$!? ...*shakes head* NO
    brettly, do you mean you do em cheaper than 80 or much more expensive?

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast