Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes life sucks!

Default Re: Sometimes life sucks!

Mrs HMS has hit the nail, pretty much, right on the head.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Greenie. I hope the insurer will do things quickly so that your life can get back to normal.

Best Regards - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    We have a whole generation (gross generalisation sorry) that are now teenagers or young adults who grew up in the 90s and who were told/taught they had rights, nobody could tell them what to do! Nobody bothered to tell them with rights comes responsibilities.

In general (except where parents actually bothered to raised their kids with even an inch of morals) that is the most self-centred generation. They don't respect other people's lives (king hits and punch ups), they don't respect the feelings of others (cyber bullying and some atricious comments on social networking), they don't respect other people's property (Mrs Greenie's car), they want something they take it (haven't we all had stuff we've worked hard to pay for stolen at some point), they tell their bosses they have no right to tell them they can't wear baseball caps backwards when dealing with customers or have a million piercings because it breaches their human rights (and again no mention of their responsibilities) and they think the world owes them a living.

Climbing down off my soapbox now.
    i think you have a point there, never thought of it that way, anyways insurance rang me yestarday and hopefully should be settled this week

once again , you're right on the nail Joanne, the world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket with this up coming generation

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    We have a whole generation (gross generalisation sorry) that are now teenagers or young adults who grew up in the 90s and who were told/taught they had rights, nobody could tell them what to do! Nobody bothered to tell them with rights comes responsibilities.

In general (except where parents actually bothered to raised their kids with even an inch of morals) that is the most self-centred generation. They don't respect other people's lives (king hits and punch ups), they don't respect the feelings of others (cyber bullying and some atricious comments on social networking), they don't respect other people's property (Mrs Greenie's car), they want something they take it (haven't we all had stuff we've worked hard to pay for stolen at some point), they tell their bosses they have no right to tell them they can't wear baseball caps backwards when dealing with customers or have a million piercings because it breaches their human rights (and again no mention of their responsibilities) and they think the world owes them a living.

Climbing down off my soapbox now.
    Yes I alot of ways i agree Joanne but I just dont think it is all of them...there is a lot like that but there are some bloody good ones amongst them too. How do we fix it. I don't know. What i do know is that there are a lot out there that believe the world owes them something but are no prepared to get up and work for it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Lost a good mate yesterday, swept off the rocks while fishing. Will be really missed here, he was a local fishing legend at Currarong, club champion many times and a lovely fella to boot - rest in peace Peter

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Sorry to hear that Paul...

It was around this time last year when you lost one of your close neighbors wasn't it? How is his wife and kids getting on?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Sorry to hear about your loss,Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12