Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Service agreements or contracts...However you word them! Who uses them?

Default Re: Service agreements or contracts...However you word them! Who uses them?

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Is it too late to PM you for the original copy or is your inbox still full

Simmo.
    Sorry simmo youll have to run with what ive provided for the rest on here...A solictor shouldnt charge the earth for a small t and c's to be drafted

Good luck!

Default Re: Service agreements or contracts...However you word them! Who uses them?

Hey Tonner, Sorry for the late reply, I dont think PM worked, but thats all cool it's good enough of you posting what you posted mate, It gives alot of idea of what to think about when getting one written up or doing one yourself. Thanks heaps. Yeah i were just going to ask about rental clean ups and how to get them. I'll send you a PM..

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Hey Tonner, Sorry for the late reply, I dont think PM worked, but thats all cool it's good enough of you posting what you posted mate, It gives alot of idea of what to think about when getting one written up or doing one yourself. Thanks heaps. Yeah i were just going to ask about rental clean ups and how to get them. I'll send you a PM..

With realestate clean ups i can tell you that it starts and ends with the property manger. at no point does it go any further than her/him. get in with them and your a sure beat for them to keep coming. chocolates, coffee vouchers, would be were im starting if i didnt know anyone. trust me when i say that eat and pump the coffee all day those girls...As a back up i would also ask to speak to the principal of the realestate to add a little more personal touch too it. id also go as far as offering a bulk mowing contract for all his rentals as some have uptp 800 homes on there books...better shut up now im giving away all the realestate trade secerts

The 'enticements' you mention, 355tonner, are unlawful. There have been prosecutions and convictions recorded in NSW for events that match what you have stated. I kid you not.

I can only assume you are being a comedian and making jokes to entertain some part of the readership. However, you would not in good conscience suggest bribery and the like as a legitimate sales tool, would you?

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

You can't be serious? A $10 box of chocolates or a $20 coffee shop voucher = bribery....

A new BMW yeah - but some chocolates or coffee....

You got any links to court documents or media reports?

Cheers - PaulG.

Hey Garden Guy,

With the amount of chocolate stuffing property mangers out there yes i would consider giving them a choco fix or a coffee to wash it down with. Some 9years experiance in the game ive seen some of the lawnies even shouting them lunch to discuss what jobs are coming up.

enticments...pppfftt....you can write and such gifts of as a tax deduction as your account about it if your busniess is doing a decent trade...

As far as court proceedings i dont belive that its a problem over a packet of "favorites" what are they going to sue for "jenny Craig" costs? come on mate??????

I too would love to see these said docouments or a link provided to back up YOUR claim??????

There have been serious efforts made by state govt to clean up the real estate industry(it needed it!) in the last 10yrs. whenever a REA gets a new client & signs a contract with them, they must disclose any commisions paid or received to anyone who does work on behalf of the agent, lawnies, handypersons , plumbers etc are listed on it, if it states no commisions are recieved from or to that person that MUST be true, or it is illegal.

To anyone thinking of doing work for REA's you dont need to offer them a box of Favorites or anything....just provide a prompt, professional, no-hassle service, provide invoices promptly & you will be the one who they will want to bend over backwards to keep.

cheers

I"ve mowed for one real estate for 6 years if not longer. I were having trouble getting real estate clean ups off another real estate and your right tonner, I went in and had a chat etc and it worked out great. Cheers mate

To anyone thinking of doing work for REA's you dont need to offer them a box of Favorites or anything....just provide a prompt, professional, no-hassle service, provide invoices promptly & you will be the one who they will want to bend over backwards to keep.

cheers[/QUOTE].

This is also very true. Great advice

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    I"ve mowed for one real estate for 6 years if not longer. I were having trouble getting real estate clean ups off another real estate and your right tonner, I went in and had a chat etc and it worked out great. Cheers mate
    See i told you danz...Its something that ive seen happen time and time again...Remember that it the property mangers choice on who to ring KNOWONE ELSE!!!! I would urge peolpe to do what they think is right and have a moral think about things most times you will be right with the gut feeling.

But im sure with my experiance in the realestate industry this info mite help someone...

I look at it this way from a "top 100 earner realo" to a "lawine" im not going to talk to much **** just cause ive mowed my own lawns a bit... you guys are the pros thats why i joined to sponge some long time info and tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    There have been serious efforts made by state govt to clean up the real estate industry(it needed it!) in the last 10yrs. whenever a REA gets a new client & signs a contract with them, they must disclose any commisions paid or received to anyone who does work on behalf of the agent, lawnies, handypersons , plumbers etc are listed on it, if it states no commisions are recieved from or to that person that MUST be true, or it is illegal.

Mate with most trades ofcourse there are always a few cowboys no doubt.BUT in my time i dont belive i every did the wrong thing even the harden sellers who know me may have blown up at the buyers lowballing them but its what the market is seeing in there property. Theres no tricks, backdoor trades just HARD WORK to be the best you can be...

Mate i to belive that but theres always the that one person who will go the extra mile...An old realestate guru who groomed me said "Son go the extra mile on the road to sucess...its never crowded its three lane sailing"

After that one peice of advice. I would ring, text, and email my cleints daily with an update of how there property went today in the market. Ill ask anyone on here has your agent ever been that professional i would think not...

I have applied the same business principals to this business and i seem to be winning all my quotes i go for and most at a higher dollar value than the other gardeners and lawnies!!!! not because i know more i know little of this industry But I have....Trust and Rapour....Trust and Rapour my friends with the cleints/Owners

cheers
    Cheers tonner.......................

Hi Guys

Getting bulk ferals to quote at the moment. What are the tricks?

Thinking of getting them to sign a contract/ waiver about breakages etc. Great stuff in this thread about what should be in it: breakages, weather, dog poo. A bit worried about scaring them off however. . Also I reckon half my clients couldn't read anything like a legalese document.

Additionally:

1. getting paid up front/ deposit
    2. quoting 2 quality options: catchering/ slashing (Oh, so with two BMWs in the drive and a pool you find $80 toomuch for your lawn? Well, for poor people I offer a $50 low-quality option!!)
    3. specifying what the lawn is: I have had two recent disputes where the client rings backs and asks why I didn't mow the garden bed. (Because it is the garden bed)

Doing too good a job on the first job has bitten me on the bum too.. have done a bit of weeding or pruning to make it look better and easier to mow, then the client expects that every time.

Everyone is as tight as anything.. its never been like this that I remember. Thinking of just quoting an hourly rate on the phone if I hear a chinese voice, sick of the argy bargy.

Please.. what have you found effective in the ferals market and are contracts/ waivers worthwhile?

Tom

ferrals can be good spinners but you have to charge good dollars and i mean big ones,,,,,rentals money up front the others straight after completion and thats before you dive away.....fixed prices are in our case the best option but ensure you double the time you think it will take and charge your dollar for that....we have made good dollars from ferrals and never had to use a contract waver just check the windows before you start and if you see a cracked one let the customer know before you start.....make sure you check services like taps etc..... Dont get sucked in for the "oh we want it done regularly " always charge the premium price regardless of what they say..then you can work out a regular price with 2 weekly frequency ....too many contractors get sucked in for doing a great job then dont here from them again .....

Be aware of restriction of trade Law .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I have done away with Service Agreements except for Commercial jobs as it's not worth the time and effort. People sign a service agreement and then it becomes a hassle as they think they can get more than what is agreed to. I just use service agreements for Real Estate, Nursing Homes and Retirement Villages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123