Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: any ideas

raemac1

Default any ideas

hi every one i have a issue with my stihl bs85 blower i have had this thing serviced twice it runs beautiful the first time i kick it over but on the second time then it starts then i pull the throtle on then it die's this happens alot lately i'm at my whits end can some one give me an idea as to why this is happerning as i am not paying to get it serviced again the last bloke told me it mite be from the hot weather we have been getting i've put stablelizer in it but it's doing the same as before then i adjust the throle and the highs and the lows but not happeing jan !!! and it's the only one doing it all my other equipment runs fine i have no idea why .
    thanks rossco

Default Re: any ideas

Clean out your exhaust port if thats not been done the exaust cant escape so will have no throttle theres a little spark arrester filter in the exaust clean that as well while your at it

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

raemac1

thanks I'll give it a shot

bigG

mate i have the same blower ,same problem.never let it run dry of fuel.and give it a good run on choke .but more importantly they [stihl] are very sensitve with regards to fuel mix

Also use fuel condtioner im sure you probably saw on A Current Affair
    that people are finding water in there fuel .

raemac1

thanks BigG
    TO addmin i've put stableizer in the fuel mix but no change to the blower i've try'd every thing . i'm going to have to get out the hammer i think . thanks guys for the help
    rossco

Well If The Ones That Say They Know There Product Repair It For You At Your Cost And It Doesnt Work After The Repair I Would Go Back An Ask For My Money Back This Goes On Day After Day And People Are Ripped Of Millions Of Dollars A Year .
    Sometimes The One That Services Your Product Is Not A Small Petrol Mechanic .