Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions about Keep It Easy software.

Default Re: A couple of questions about Keep It Easy software.

thats no good cranbourne,it really pees you off when you pay so much for a pro gramme and get so little....
    Its got me stuffed why as a big industry as ours theres not one dedicated pro gramme that does all and i mean all in one from scheduling,invoicing to getting your bas and financial together.
    The frigging list goes on in this forum about how great each software is good like gopher,quickbooks,myob etc etc but we need ONE programme ,easy to use that does the lot....SIMPLE i would of thought but not being a computer geek i don't know if it can be done.....I thought from reports on here that this keep it easy did it all ????not sure.....

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I also had a couple of customers names in there twice from when I was messing around with it. Now I cannot for the life of me get one of them to delete. I delete a name out of the customer list but it keeps showing up in other places. I don't have the patience to put up with something that seems this hard to use especially when I'm spending more time trying to fix things than I am actually being able to use it .

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    thats no good cranbourne,it really pees you off when you pay so much for a pro gramme and get so little....
    Its got me stuffed why as a big industry as ours theres not one dedicated pro gramme that does all and i mean all in one from scheduling,invoicing to getting your bas and financial together.
    The frigging list goes on in this forum about how great each software is good like gopher,quickbooks,myob etc etc but we need ONE programme ,easy to use that does the lot....SIMPLE i would of thought but not being a computer geek i don't know if it can be done.....I thought from reports on here that this keep it easy did it all ????not sure.....
    I agree Geoff. Sorry I did have a lot more that I typed but as has happened so many times before when I have been typing a big post, I get a message telling me to refresh the page and log in again. So like so many other times I lost everythig I had typed. That pisses me off too admin. We are not all able to type at rocket speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I agree Geoff. Sorry I did have a lot more that I typed but as has happened so many times before when I have been typing a big post, I get a message telling me to refresh the page and log in again. So like so many other times I lost everythig I had typed. That pisses me off too admin. We are not all able to type at rocket speed.
    Yes rocket speed is quite difficult using 2 fingers!

Glen you need to write a big post in your Word program and then upload it to the Forum. I rang Dean about the problem about 6 weeks ago and that is what Dean has to do to.

Cranbourne if you havent done it already print out the user manual then put it in order in a folder then read it a few times until you understand it a bit better. Then ring Selina and what she will do is send you an invitation via the net and she will take control of your computer via her computer. You can chat and watch as she does things and fixes things. I kept 2 sets of books until I fully understood everything. It realy is a good program once you get the hang of it.
    Cheers
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Cranbourne if you havent done it already print out the user manual then put it in order in a folder then read it a few times until you understand it a bit better. Then ring Selina and what she will do is send you an invitation via the net and she will take control of your computer via her computer. You can chat and watch as she does things and fixes things. I kept 2 sets of books until I fully understood everything. It realy is a good program once you get the hang of it.
    Cheers
    Dean
    sounds good Dean,so do you confirm it schedules,invoices does p& l balance sheet and bas ?????

The date problem isn't the fault of KIE.

Your computer is configured to display the date in U.S. format.

You can simply change the date format by going into your computers control setting and changing the date format to English.

I had the same problem and when I first bought KIE it drove me nuts. Simply change your computers date display format and everything will work as it should.

answering my own question it does all ....

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    sounds good Dean,so do you confirm it schedules,invoices does p& l balance sheet and bas ?????
    Yes Jeoff it does all that and heaps more. I like it because you can look at anytime and see how much money is outstanding and by who, your P&L between any date you enter, if you forget to re book a customer for the next service it tells you,the end of the month just a couple of clicks and invoices are sent of by email and you dont even have to write them up they are just automaticly there ready to go,you can put your assets in so if you buy a new mower it is an expense and also an asset... All that stuff
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Selina is going to get in touch with me on monday. Will see how we go.

Has been very frustrating. Its hard enough trying to learn to drive this thing so if I can get the problems sorted should make it a lot easier.

I have the feeling I never got the update a while back as the manual is a bit different to what I'm seeing on the screen.

I also had a couple of customers names in there twice from when I was messing around with it. Now I cannot for the life of me get one of them to delete.
    Exactly the same problem here. I've been entering my customer database and doing a few practice bookings and now I can't delete them. It keeps saying "jobs not completed" or something to that effect.

Glenn you have 60 minutes to be able to edit your posts and this programme has a 20 second auto save ive checked your permissions and all is ok.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I've had most of the issues reported here.....the answer is in the program, but some took me a while to work out. One that was driving me nuts was my P&L was showing dollars and cents in my jobs.....but only some of them. I had ticked (or unticked) the GST box to say I wasn't collecting GST (and all my jobs are in divisibles of $5....no cents).....but that wasn't enough. On the setup page there is a box saying how much GST to collect.....I made it 0% and all was good. Generally if it won't do something it's because something else needs to be done first. The double booking thing usually occurs if you specify a time for the booking then create a new booking of move one from another day, that has the same time, it will show up as a double booking. All you need to do in that case is change the booking time on the job booking page. It took me ages to work that out....I hit Crtl/Alt.Del and shut the program down with Task Manager a couple of times but now it's all good.

When I entered my previous data, I started at earliest date, made sure I filled in the date the job was actually done and the date the job was paid for. If you forget it will default to today's date which can cause some of the issues you're talking about. If a job is marked as complete and paid for it will balance out, if you're filling in old jobs and book it in (on the actual done date) and click paid without clicking job completed, it will show as a credit. Everytime you enter an old job, set the date, click Job Complete button and it will automatically ask if you received payment, if you click yes it will ask if that makes the job paid in full, if you click yes again it will take you to the payment page for that job to fill in the details. I always make a payment from the particular job page rather than using the Make a Payment button. When I get a Direct Deposit payment I go to the Client List/Client/Job History, find the job that has been paid for, click the Go To Job button beside the particular job, click the make a payment button (the Job Completed button should have been clicked when you actually did the job) and follow the prompts. I sit down for 10 minutes every night when I get home and fill in the jobs for that day ....mark them complete but not paid for invoice jobs and complete and paid for the cash jobs.....book the next job for that customer, then print out tomorrow's list and I'm done.

I know there are other ways to do these things....and probably quicker, but it's way that works for me and I'm comfortable with it. It took me a while to work out how to get from one part of the program to another but I found it worth it in the end. I love it and now I'm comfortable with it I couldn't go back to spreadsheets and diaries.

One thing I don't like is the inability to customise a particular invoice. I have a couple of insurance claimants and I can't work out how to put the claim number in a prominent position. For them I just print out the invoice then use my Excel invoice template to print a custom one. I would like (or be able to find it if you already can) to be able to edit individual invoices at the generation stage.

Tax time I just printed out the Receipts Summary, Expenses Detailed Report and took it to the accountant......he was very happy. The only thing I couldn't work out how to print was the Assets Register.....since I don't have many I just did it on a spreadsheet and printed that. I do have some questions for Selena at some stage though.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Deleting a customer is usually easy, if it won't delete then there is usually an error message saying why.

I appreciate the amount of effort you just put into that post but if it takes all that to put a customers payment or book a job etc,etc. then I will end up not useing it. It just should'nt be that hard.

Admin....... the auto save ...is that why I could be having problems? I'm submiting post too quickly? It seems to happen when I have hit reply with quote.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast