Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Some Days are Diamonds ...................

Default Some Days are Diamonds ...................

A bit off a feel good story to end up the week.

Rock up to a customer today and suggested we could let the lawn go another week to save them a few bucks .... this couple say "no keep it at two weeks" " it's our way of saying thanks for all your great work" then later in the day I go to do a bit of gardening for a semi regular mow job and this lovely little old lady makes me a cuppa and a sandwich and then pays me "a dollar a minute" for a 45min run around the yard pulling a few weeds and cleaning up a few leaves and bits .... tells me it's her way of keeping me employed until summer rolls around again.

These sort of interactions make it all worthwhile.

Time for a beer and put the feet up for a bit.

Hope you all had a great week out there.

Smithy
    Mum 'n' Dad Mowing
    "Established 1989"
    www.mumndadmowing.net

Default Re: Some Days are Diamonds ...................

Thats great Mithy thats the stuff that makes it all worth while I think
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Welcome aboard Smithy, I'm the bloke who spoke to you about the forum. I wondered if you would join.
    Brad.
    Edit. Yep, those sort of days are great and really boost moral when it starts to wane.

thanks for the thoughts smithy, ive scored a few beaut customers of late, too, must be the weather?

glad you found some good ones, it really makes ya smile to know they care about YOU too

yep, its been sweet in brissy of late, enough rain to keep the grass growing, albeit slower than in summer, but hey, if it grew as hard as summer, how would we have time to do anything?

(my glass is three quarters full this week, lol)

better than last winter for sure

welcome to the forum, and thanks for the kind thoughts

Welcome aboard Smithy
    I take the same approach coming into winter,I have found most appreciate the honesty instead of trying to grab the dollar and you end up with customers that keep you on fortnightly or at the very most 3 weekly year round.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I had a customer put the price up $5 today.......it's only a small 15 minute job. The cost was $20 when I took over the run.....it's been $20 for ages. Last time she wasn't home so she owed me for that. I rocked up today just to check as I was driving past.......she said since you're here do it and here's $25 for last time and $25 for this time and handed over a $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaj View Post
    Welcome aboard Smithy, I'm the bloke who spoke to you about the forum. I wondered if you would join.
    Brad.
    Edit. Yep, those sort of days are great and really boost moral when it starts to wane.
    Hey Brad .... thanks so much for the heads up on the forum. (been lurking for a few weeks and thought I'd better contribute). Had a chat with Dean and joined up as a member, will be switching over to our Indi Insurance deal as well when mine runs out ( heaps cheaper than what I pay now).

Thanks for all the kind welcomes,

Smithy
    Mum 'n' Dad Mowing
    "Established 1989"
    www.mumndadmowing.net

Received a msg mid week just after doing her lawn.."Hi Brett, have trans $100 today for the next two cuts Tks" ..yes, these are your GOLD customers.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Had a little old Chinese lady job a couple of days back. Quoted $xx. She paid +10%. I even asked her is she was sure, three times, to be certain she wasn't a nutter and to prevent relatives calling me and making accusations. She said, "I like your work. See you in three weeks."

She inspected every inch of the garden in between the time it took to carry the gear back to the truck. I would have only given my work a B+... Repairing the work the of previous guy, who seemed to have not had any attention to detail, was awkward and couldn't be accomplished on one visit without a really big fee... Cheating the elderly the way he did is reprehensible.

Subtle value add ons work for her without a fee? Yep. Be fair to me, and I'll be more than fair to you.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.