Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Blast from the past

  1. #1
    Senior Member LGGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern Highlands
    Posts
    185

    Default Blast from the past

    They don't make em like this any more, Whilst doing a garage clean out I came across this brand new never been opened box with a Victa 70 series VC 160, see photos attached.

    Not sure if it would be something a collector would want, it's certainly in good condition.

    Made in Australia
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member PaulG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,993

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    What a find! There'd probably be a few collectors out there who'd like it. I wouldn't use it. Put it on eBay with a good write-up and you'll most likely get a great return for it.

  3. #3
    Very Helpful Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    melb.sth. east
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    keep the box as well a collector could pay extra
    this one isn't working and looks pretty used http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-V...item4165dd9fb3
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

  4. #4
    Member geoff1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    melbourne area
    Posts
    1,240

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    thats some find LGGF , reckon i would be placing it right up the back of the garage out the way and hanging on to it for a while .

  5. #5
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,335

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    keep the box as well a collector could pay extra
    this one isn't working and looks pretty used http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-V...item4165dd9fb3
    "ran without oil, easily fixed"

  6. #6
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    Mate what do you want for it I am interested I collect old victas

  7. #7
    Senior Member LGGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southern Highlands
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Mate what do you want for it I am interested I collect old victas
    Hi NLALM
    I have just listed it on e-bay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330736946...84.m1555.l2649

  8. #8
    Member wceagles1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern Rivers NSW
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    That should go straight to the pool room.


    Quote Originally Posted by LGGF View Post
    They don't make em like this any more, Whilst doing a garage clean out I came across this brand new never been opened box with a Victa 70 series VC 160, see photos attached.

    Not sure if it would be something a collector would want, it's certainly in good condition.

    Made in Australia

  9. #9
    Senior Member Zweedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    My father had that model Victa in a s/p. Great mower.

  10. #10
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,456

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    PM'ed............




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  11. #11
    Senior Member DavidS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Australia
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    Here's some pics of what I was up to today, we visted the past at the local Working Clydesdale Show out near Griffith.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Senior Member Kathryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    chinchilla qld
    Posts
    983

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    clydesdale are beatiful horses. gentle giants.i used to ride one in the uk. he had the imaginative name of clyde
    Indy and proud

  13. #13
    Senior Member Blaktop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alice Springs, NT
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    I remember almost 50 years ago (frightening that I can actually say that) I was at a prep school in NZ. We had a 150 y/o chapel with a huge tree right next to it and the roots were undermining the foundations. They got this old (he was probably in his 70s) Danish guy (called Jo Johannsen) to remove it. He turned up with a hand saw, a Clydesdale and a series of ropes and pulleys. The tree was surrounded by other trees. He made a wedge cut, then one on the other side, then looped the rope about 5 metres up. Took the Clydesdale about 100 metres away, clear of the trees, hooked the pulley system up to the horse at one end and the rope at the other. He's standing by the tree, the horse is way out in the paddock.....tells it to go (in Danish), it starts to walk, takes the tension, tells it to stop, checks it all, tells it to go.....and the tree drops through the only gap in the the other trees, misses everything it was meant to miss and the horse just wandered out into the paddock towing this huge tree clear. We were very impressed (I was 10).

  14. #14
    Senior Member PaulG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,993

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    That really would have been something to see. Great memory!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,863

    Default Re: Blast from the past

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaktop View Post
    I remember almost 50 years ago (frightening that I can actually say that) I was at a prep school in NZ. We had a 150 y/o chapel with a huge tree right next to it and the roots were undermining the foundations. They got this old (he was probably in his 70s) Danish guy (called Jo Johannsen) to remove it. He turned up with a hand saw, a Clydesdale and a series of ropes and pulleys. The tree was surrounded by other trees. He made a wedge cut, then one on the other side, then looped the rope about 5 metres up. Took the Clydesdale about 100 metres away, clear of the trees, hooked the pulley system up to the horse at one end and the rope at the other. He's standing by the tree, the horse is way out in the paddock.....tells it to go (in Danish), it starts to walk, takes the tension, tells it to stop, checks it all, tells it to go.....and the tree drops through the only gap in the the other trees, misses everything it was meant to miss and the horse just wandered out into the paddock towing this huge tree clear. We were very impressed (I was 10).
    Love it. The old ways are often lost with machines.
    Cheers

    Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au


    "Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •