Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPlantfile Pro

Default iPlantfile Pro

Just got iPlantfile Pro for my phone and iPad. Have only had a little play with it but seems pretty comprehensive and is Aussie based.I think it will come in pretty handy in the field.
    Anyone else using it?
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Default Re: iPlantfile Pro

Should be good. Peter Kirkland has been working on Plantfile for a long time. The computer based version has been used in a lot of TAFEs/Horticulture colleges for quite a while too.

Hopefully the Android version comes along soon!

How much is the app?
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

The massive cost $10
    Finally something well priced.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

I have had plantfile pro for a few years now very handy at times. But I paid a couple a hundred for it. Its good to be able to print out reports and photos of plants to show customers. Courty did you find any drawing software yet? I use Plantfile to print out a list of plants I am going to use with photos with the plan drawn using growit. Growit comes with a data base of plants for the same type of thing but plantfile is better.

Mark
    No I haven't found any design software yet and growit seems to be on hold as the owner is sick.
    The version I have is for iPhone & iPad hence the cheap cost .I love the search function where you can input the aspect,soil type,flower colour etc and it will list all suitable plants.
    I will probably pay up for the desktop version as well as I have a feeling I'm going to like it.

Does it give you anything else Courty? I'd love an app that has stuff like common diseases a plant may get and how to treat them something where you type in the plant name and all the info comes up great for people with bad memories like me. Sounds great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Does it give you anything else Courty? I'd love an app that has stuff like common diseases a plant may get and how to treat them something where you type in the plant name and all the info comes up great for people with bad memories like me. Sounds great so far.
    Yes Scooby,it does all that

Member of forum

Top app courty, it now sits on my iPhone.

courty you have replaced fred as GOD thats a brilliant app..thanks so much...i cqan chuck me books mags to the shizahaowzan

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    courty you have replaced fred as GOD thats a brilliant app..thanks so much...i cqan chuck me books mags to the shizahaowzan
    Hahahaha,I thought god was Happy or Beetle cause they still use stone tablets

Yes Geoff but i betcha it cant catch a trout like Fred can. Waiting for some more photos Fred.

Sounds like a absolute ripper Courty is it coming out on Android anytime soon?

Hate to take the thread for a drive down negative lane but this app in some instances could cost us jobs over dramatic maybe but think about it for a minute. I come across plenty of domestic customers (u maybe different) who would be happy to put in plants but they dont have the knowledge or the confidence to choose the right plants for the right spots this app solves that problem for them. We get a bit of work from pest indentification as well so this app helps them there too. Probably only a small percentage that will use it so its advantage to us far outweighs any negative issues it may cause.

Actually Courty, the person who developed Growit has retired, I was talking to him about 6 weeks ago, re updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Actually Courty, the person who developed Growit has retired, I was talking to him about 6 weeks ago, re updates.
    David
    Is it still available? The website just says it is closed due to illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast