Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: your vehicle

Default Re: your vehicle

Normally crack it with the open end (strength), spin it off with the ratchet end (speed).

Cheers Fred

Very Helpful Member

I have a cheap set of ratchets spanners I bought years ago I usually I usually crack it with another spanner If it's really tight then will use the ratchet one
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Normally crack it with the open end (strength), spin it off with the ratchet end (speed).

Cheers Fred
    I would have thought an open ender would be weaker than a ring spanner.

I ended up undoing it. I had to take the engine mount off. Then I had enough room to crack it with a rattle gun socket and breaker bar. A lot of these bolts are all too tight for a rattle gun so whoever did the last head gasket on this car has probably over torqued everything when they put it back together. Bastard of a job. I've replaced a head gasket in an EF fairmont and a ford courier ute and they were easier than this. The engine is mounted horizontal and shoe horned into the engine bay. Great little car other than that. I dunno how I am going to remember to put it all back together and I haven't even got the camshafts off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I remember my mechanic saying that while they are great you can't apply the same force or you will break the ratchet and make them useless
    Thats when you weld it up and it becomes non-ratcheting depending on your welding skill.

My triton can do with some extra light on the high beam. I see a lot of 4wds on the road with light bars. The last time I had spotties was maybe 25years ago and they were those round hellas and you wired them up to the high beam and then put a switch somewhere on the dash. Is that the still the case with the lightbars? Any tips or recommendations?

Stedi.....they come with the full harness, just plug and play (high beam with switch) l've got their LED headlight conversion, low beam sux in BT50s.....
    l have Kings 9" led spotties which are great for the price, don't know what their lightbars are like quality wise
    https://www.stedi.com.au/

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Stedi.....they come with the full harness, just plug and play (high beam with switch) l've got their LED headlight conversion, low beam sux in BT50s.....
    l have Kings 9" led spotties which are great for the price, don't know what their lightbars are like quality wise
    https://www.stedi.com.au/
    Thanks for the advice redeye. Intetesting. Im not happy about the low beam either. Not happy with turbo lag either. As a work truck it makes a great car. The k2900 was geared low. Hard to go from something you can start off in third gear with to something that i have stalled a few times in first. Getting used to not being able much more than a suitcase in the tray.

maybe an idrive would help?
    led headlights are illegal to retrofit, but lots of 4x4 have them, l was worried about oncoming drivers getting blinded but a. l rarely drive at night b. l live in a tiny isolated village & c. since putting new shocks and springs on it is higher at the back now. They aren't a great deal better on high beam, better on low than the originals

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    maybe an idrive would help?
    led headlights are illegal to retrofit, but lots of 4x4 have them, l was worried about oncoming drivers getting blinded but a. l rarely drive at night b. l live in a tiny isolated village & c. since putting new shocks and springs on it is higher at the back now. They aren't a great deal better on high beam, better on low than the originals
    What is an Idrive? I googled it but it came up as some sort of entertainment system. I'm not going to mess with the headlights. I'll consider adding a lightbar if i can mount it without too much hassle. I'm having one of those runs where is everything is breaking on me. I've got a vehicle out with a blown head gasket and another two diesel engines with fuel injection issues. It never rains, only pours.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    My triton can do with some extra light on the high beam. I see a lot of 4wds on the road with light bars. The last time I had spotties was maybe 25years ago and they were those round hellas and you wired them up to the high beam and then put a switch somewhere on the dash. Is that the still the case with the lightbars? Any tips or recommendations?
    Try an ECU remap. Did it on my triton, more power etc, cant tell about economy though, fixed a lot of the lag but still obviously there when towing. Pricey but the car was cheap.
    Dont take it back to Mitsi though as it will be all undone - as mine was Back to get it redone at another $200

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314