Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
My Isuzu has 22K km on it now. No problems so far. It's a really nice vehicle to drive. Love the auto transmission.
Still a bit disappointed with the fuel consumption. Usually reads 10.5L/100 at the end of a tank of fuel. That's mostly highway driving and no traffic in my town. On a 230km trip to Brisbane in the early hours before any traffic, it gets about 9.6L/100 with nothing on board.

For a 2WD, it's got a huge turning circle - bigger than my old 4WD Hilux. My bro has a 4 door 4WD Isuzu DMAX and he noticed my turning circle was bigger than his. I don't know the reason for that.

Don't like the hillside assist/traction control with the trailer on.

With the Diesel Particulate filter burn-off, can you tell when it's doing it? I know that the more upmarket models have a light & progress bar appears on the dash, but my model doesn't. I know mine has a light but I've never seen it come on apart from when starting & never noticed anything different to suggest it"s doing a burn-off. Other people have told me theirs burn-off quite regularly.

If comparing to my Hilux, I'd say the Hilux is slightly more comfortable (seat, suspension & handling) but the DMAX makes up for that with easy driving (Auto & more power)

Panels on the Isuzu are pretty flimsy. The door skins wobble when you shut the doors. The dealer told me when you shut the bonnet, you drop it from about 200mm rather than set it down & push it till it locks. You will dent the bonnet doing that.
I already have a crack in the plastic front panel. It had a small dent there but I popped that out. Lost a front hubcap too, but the tyre shop had some new ones from a vehicle they replaced the wheels on, so they gave me one for free.
I agree that is not great fuel consumption for a 2wd. What size is the donk? I wonder if the DPF makes it more thirsty? A quick google on DPF fuel economy indicates it might. My ford territory Diesel 2wd (no dpf) is a fairly heavy vehicle with a 6 cylinder diesel and it has better fuel economy than that.