Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: your vehicle

Default Re: your vehicle

IMG20190525144116.jpg
    I got a trailer maker to make up 2 loading ramps 1200w by 1500h. One for on the side and one at the back. The idea was to fit the HRU216, Cylinder mower and a ride on mower but there wasn't enough room so I just have the hru216 and cylinder mower.

IMG20190529135038.jpg
    Someone then put it all together for me over 2 days.

IMG20190529172522.jpg
    Tek screwed on aluminium sheeting to seal it up and painted it.

IMG20200101120341.jpg
    Side door is good because I can go and get fuel, tools or equipment very easily.

IMG20200101120116.jpg
    Side ramp is good to load and unload on the lawn rather on the road.

IMG20200321122402.jpg
    Now it's finished I find the Nissan uncomfortable to drive all day. It is very noisy, has no heater for winter and the suspension is gone.

IMG20200325090441.jpg
    I have bought this Kia. I'm going to take the canopy off the Nissan and put it on the Kia. The Canopy is going to be extended so it goes the full length of the tray of the kia.

IMG20200325091337.jpg
    By extending the canopy the full length of the tray, I will be able to finally fit a small ride on mower that I always wanted.

The kia carries 1.5 ton from memory. I'm a little worried about the overall weight of what I will be carrying in the because the suspension on the Nissan Atlas has gone and it's very uncomfortable to drive. I have a feeling the suspension on the Nissan was gone when I bought it. I'll be trying to lighten the load on the Kia by removing the back ramp that never gets used and some heavy metal shelving I have in it. If anyone has any thoughts about the load I'll be carrying on the Kia let me know.

You might need a GVM / suspension upgrade if there is any available for it

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    IMG20200325090441.jpg
    I have bought this Kia. I'm going to take the canopy off the Nissan and put it on the Kia. The Canopy is going to be extended so it goes the full length of the tray of the kia.
    This is creepy mate. I have the same truck and a cox mower too..... Except I'll be getting rid of the truck soon. My advice is watch out in the wet. It'll test your driving skills. You will become a good defensive driver very quickly which aint that bad a thing. Great trucks but they would be fantastic if they had 16 inch rear wheels. Slip an empty orange bag over the air filter housing to keep out the grass and crap otherwise the filter clogs quickly. I did some research in to getting the rear axle replaced. There is a single wheel rear axle version sold in Africa and also in 4wd which would have been great. They call it the Kia bongo. The cox will fit on a standard 6 foot gardening trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    The kia carries 1.5 ton from memory. I'm a little worried about the overall weight of what I will be carrying in the because the suspension on the Nissan Atlas has gone and it's very uncomfortable to drive. I have a feeling the suspension on the Nissan was gone when I bought it. I'll be trying to lighten the load on the Kia by removing the back ramp that never gets used and some heavy metal shelving I have in it. If anyone has any thoughts about the load I'll be carrying on the Kia let me know.
    My advice for load is carry the bare minimum. It is amazing when you start throwing in a few tools, straps etc how much extra you end up with, most if it isn't used.

Good one Steven. I'll definitely cover the air filter housing. Thanks

I am having problems accessing a few 14mm bolts that I want to undo. I have 14mm impact sockets but there isn't enough room for them. I also have the a 14mm spanner but it will round the bolt heads if I use it. What type of spanner should I use for this situation? I have looked at repco and supercheap online hoping to find something but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I am having problems accessing a few 14mm bolts that I want to undo. I have 14mm impact sockets but there isn't enough room for them. I also have the a 14mm spanner but it will round the bolt heads if I use it. What type of spanner should I use for this situation? I have looked at repco and supercheap online hoping to find something but no luck.
    cold chisel and a big hammer ?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast