Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: your vehicle

Default Re: your vehicle

'99 V6 Rodeo on gas. It's a good little truck (thank God it's on gas though), plenty of grunt, tows the 8x5 with the rideon without a problem. The trouble is I bought it with the business so now we have 3 cars. I'm thinking of selling the AU wagon and the Rodeo and getting something we can use for a "family" car as well. I need to get rid of something, 3 cars is just ridiculous with just the two of us. I'd like to get a dualcab 4x4 at some stage. As someone else said, I mostly tow the trailer so tray space is not really a problem.....and being semi-rural it's not a real issue having a trailer on all the time.IMAG0091.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    This is what roll with most days. I do have an 8x5 caged and signed mowing trailer that I try to leave at home as much as possible.

Attachment 5110Attachment 5111Attachment 5112Attachment 5113
    Nice one stump
    all you need now is 2 under tray fuel tanks rigged up to an electric pump to fill the machines with..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    like the idea of your quick-release toolbox, Treecat, going to think about this one
    The easy/cheapest way i could think to do it was to buy atleast two "padlock harsps"
    cutting the tops off and riveting them into the bottom of the toolbox. drilling/cutting holes in the toolbox to match and then riveting the "padlock ring pieces" into the correct places on the tray. you can then use wire clamps to hold the tool box down. another option now im thinking about it maybe these? http://agricultural.spaldings.co.uk/...atalogID=08072

Cons: you have two rings sticking up out of the tray when the toolbox is removed,but this hasnt worried me yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Nice one stump
    all you need now is 2 under tray fuel tanks rigged up to an electric pump to fill the machines with..
    Thanks simo, I am currently making up a holder for behind the back wheel to sit two 10lt containers under, and a whippy cord reel holder on the back of the cage. I am also getting a long undertray draw for my loppers, secies, and other hand tools. My ladder just fits across the back of the cage.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

I updated to this ( Rodeo Diesel 5 speed) a while back.
    Added the cabin from the old Rodeo.
    The trailer has recently had the cage added. $300 off ebay. The cage and canopy are perfect for allot of garden waste. And if it rains, all the gear goes into the canopy.
    2012-05-26_07-23-32_414.jpg
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

tell me where to you guys get the undercarriage storage systems for the utes and how much ???

http://www.utestore.com.au/categories.php?category=56 (or ebay)
    that should give you an iidea Geoff, just google the closest supplier and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    This suits me fine at the moment but if I get to the stage where I need more than 1 helper I want something like you Fred but I like the VW flat tray with the duel cab..
    This is what I have now since April and it's been good so far. The standard VW tray is 2.2m x 2.0m and there is a storage area under the entire back seat which is awesome for tools. It's a 2L twin turbo diesel that only uses about 9 Litres per 100km's. It's much, much slower than the V6 Hilux though which is now the Mrs car. The manual gearbox is just a pita with so many gear changes. As soon as you lose your momentum you have down down gears and each gear has a small range. One weird thing is the back windows do not open. The wife complains the front seat is too upright, but we have the 6 seater which is fixed, where I think if it were the normal seat it can be adjusted. Bluetooth and Aux input are also ridiculously priced extras.

Hey Stump does your ramp slide underneath the platform the mower sits on? Im working on a few ideas like that for mine but havent decided which is best yet. Is that steel and is it heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Hey Stump does your ramp slide underneath the platform the mower sits on? Im working on a few ideas like that for mine but havent decided which is best yet. Is that steel and is it heavy?
    Yes, it slides under. The frame is made out of 25mm gal and the ramp is 20. I was surprised how heavy the ramp became when it was sheeted up, although now I don't even notice. The ramp is about 1600 long, and its just the right length when up on a gutter. Its pictured flat on the ground and looks a little steep, but its fine.
    The mower sits on 125 mm aluminium angle, not a platform as such. Wanted to keep the weight down.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

What do u have?
    2011 MN triton
    Does it suit your needs?
    The reason l got the ute was too tow a tractor around to do oval renavotions (3 ton tow), but my wifes about to have child number 4, so makes the dual cab no good.
    Whats your dream work vehicle?
    What l want is my old truck that my old boss has.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Fred, If you are still happy with your trucks performance, I'd just put some money into it to tidy it up a bit. You might easily get another 100k km out of it without any majors.
    The only thing is it would not have much book value so you are probably not getting much of a tax advantage from depreciation.
    A few grand on new upholstery and replace the floor of the tray(and replace those Beverley hillbilly wooden hungry boards ) and it will look schmick again.

I had a much loved '98 Mitsubishi Triton that had 280k on it when I replaced it but I felt it was getting to the stage where I wasn't confident that it would remain reliable doing the things I was asking of it.
    I got a '05 Hilux 6 months ago and just getting a bit confident now, that it's not going to let me down. Electronic controlled this & that gives me the creeps.

Attachment 5096
    This is why we use Bevereley hillbilly wooden hungry boards.
    We continuously condense our loads & its much safer than steel.
    Cheers Fred.

Ok, could'nt get the vid to work so a pic it is.2012-06-27 09.40.23.jpg
    Cheers Fred.

Some nice setups there.
    Does anyone have a policy re turning over vehicles at a certain age/km's?
    Just the economics of it?
    Effort & availability of parts, consideration into putting money in as the vehicle gets older because every part of its gettin older.
    Throwing good money after bad or not?
    Or do u just deal with it as it comes along?
    Same could be said about tools, but thats another story!
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by TassieXJ View Post
    What do u have?
    2011 MN triton
    Does it suit your needs?
    The reason l got the ute was too tow a tractor around to do oval renavotions (3 ton tow), but my wifes about to have child number 4, so makes the dual cab no good.
    Whats your dream work vehicle?
    What l want is my old truck that my old boss has.

Nice setup Tassiex. Hey where is that photo? Is it Austins Ferry, Claremont somewhere around there?

Cheers
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast