Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photography

Default Photography

Thought I would start a thread favourite pics and tips for better pics. I think PaulG has experience in this field?Anyone else on here?
    So post up your favourite pics ,ask for or post tips to make em better.
    I'm just getting back into it seriously after using point & shoots for the digital years. I did a lot of film work in my younger days and had a second job working in a darkroom hand developing and printing.
    New set up is a Canon 60D with the standard 18mm - 55mm and 55mm - 250mm EFS kit lenses. I have a couple of L series lenses on the way(it's all about the glass). Love the fact to that most DSLR's can shoot 1080HD video now so looking forward to playing around with that as well.

These are all off a point & shoot

"I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Default Re: Photography

my niece is a budding pro photographer http://clarereid.squarespace.com/

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Excellent stuff redeye
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Great pics courty I have only just bought myself a 600d twin lens kit. It takes great pictures. One thing I am having trouble with when taking video of say the kids running around in the yard they don't stay in focus if you know what I mean. I have a panasonic tz10 point and shoot and this doesen't happen with it. What am I doing wrong???? Paul might know but I think he is a nikon man?????

Mark
    I haven't played with the video yet and I'm not sure about the 600D but I have read that the auto focus can be a bit slow for moving subjects in live view.Maybe try shooting your video through the viewfinder if you haven't already.

2012-05-29 16.02.41.jpg2012-05-29 16.31.44.jpg2012-05-29 16.23.40.jpg
    Here`s a couple I snapped from tropical Qld With a Canon 1000d

Nice work courty
    Great thread tooooo.......
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

if there yours simo , not doubting you , there brilliant and courty that first one of stream and mountain is brilliant as well = you both have that touch with a camera , post up more if you got them love photos like those
    cheers

My wife the photographer, she uses a nikon D90, no idea on lens

here some of tassie

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Great pics courty I have only just bought myself a 600d twin lens kit. It takes great pictures. One thing I am having trouble with when taking video of say the kids running around in the yard they don't stay in focus if you know what I mean. I have a panasonic tz10 point and shoot and this doesen't happen with it. What am I doing wrong???? Paul might know but I think he is a nikon man?????

I don't have any experience with the newer DSLRs with video capability Mark (my cameras are 2006 vintage Nikon D200's) but I'd be checking the manual and seeing if there's an option for constant focus. Either that or you may have to manually focus the lens (if they have a manual focus option) in and out to keep focus.

For anyone wanting to improve their skills, no matter what level you are at, I can highly recommend the AusPhotography forum.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/home.php

Hey Tassie the owner of this forum is from Hobart. Maybe your wife has been on some of the meet-ups organised through the forum?

Here he is up high

EagleatHealsville005.jpg

Here he is down way too low, and too close!

early2007226.jpg

Not fantastic photography as such, but interesting subject.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Mark
    Disregard what I said earlier about live view,further research tells me that won't be your problem.
    I got a Basic Controls DVD for mine by a company called Blue Crane Digital,they do them for all different models.So much easier than trying to read a manual the size of a phone book.
    I know all the exposure,DOF stuff etc but there is a lot more to these new machines.

Just had a quick read of a couple of reviews and the manual. Make sure the camera's movie recording mode is set to full HD although you will need a large capacity, fast SD card. Zoom capability is from 3x to 10 x but focus is retained better closer to 3x. Similar to still-shots on a P&S camera you will get shake and blur on big zoom. It also said the movie mode (in auto focus mode) uses the central focus frame in the middle of the viewfinder as it's focus point. If your subjects are moving, as kids do, the focus will be hunting around going in and out of focus, which it sounds like is what you're experiencing. From what the manual said the best Auto Focus mode is Quick Mode, not Live Mode. There's also a list of things on p138 which can make focus difficult.

Also, some of the aftermarket manuals are worth purchasing as they cut through a lot of the rubbish in the factory manual, often having info that isn't included by the factory.
    I bought a book years ago for my D200 similar to the one below for 600D and I learned a lot.

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Can.../9781118098431

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    if there yours simo , not doubting you , there brilliant and courty that first one of stream and mountain is brilliant as well = you both have that touch with a camera , post up more if you got them love photos like those
    cheers
    Geoff
    Glad you like them
    I like landscapes and cityscapes because I'm happy in both my pics aren't technically perfect just what I like

I reckon there should be a shop like this on every corner

This is one of my favourites,we had just got off the plane early morning in San Francisco and had some time to fill before we could get into our house. Whilst we adults were having brekky at a cafe my daughter and niece were stretching their legs in a little park a few meters away from us. My niece decided she wanted Lucy to read her favourite book to her when a couple of local kids decided they liked it as well.

hey courty thats why thay look good = there natural not staged etc , when you look at them you can picture your self there ,the one of the mountain and stream in the first lot you posted = i can picture myself casting a fly line in that one , the one of the big hill / road sanfransico , just picture myself as a big kids going down that on a skate board hahaha , and love the colours and texture look of the tomatos ...
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TassieXJ View Post
    My wife the photographer, she uses a nikon D90, no idea on lens

here some of tassie

Hey Tassiexl is that last one down near South East Cape?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast