Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Tax

Default Carbon Tax

Well the day is almost here not many sleeps till the carbon tax comes in..

From what ive heard no one is really sure how much things will increase, so what do we do about it ?
    bns lawn & garden care

Member of forum

Default Re: Carbon Tax

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/business/y...-1226408964252

We will have our price pressures from councils passing on their costs from landfill tax increases. How much if any your local tip is going up from July 1 get Googling.

Very Helpful Member

just remember that it's illegal to increase prices due to the carbon tax unless you can prove the price increase is justified of cause if you just raise you prices and people assume it's due to the carbon tax then that's ok as long as you don't tell them it is
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

It should be illegal for big companies to pass on the tax. Its a joke the tax is meant to make buisnesses find better ways to reduce carbon but they will just pass it on down the line.. Its just a money grab by the government
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

State government is increasing the waste levy here by 28%. Councils have to pay that so it will be passed on no doubt.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Government is giving some voters money tax breaks, money for kids etc so if you fall in that bracket wont be a bother.

Anybody earning 150 thou combined in the family home gets zilch .

So i guess if your over 150 then your middle class if your under like me then im lower class NOT SURE WHAT IM ENTITLED TO BUT GUESS MY ACCOUNTANT WILL LET ME KNOW .Seeing he will get nothing im sure he will charge me more anyway lol

To be honest it looks like shifting money around so you dont know where its going .

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    It should be illegal for big companies to pass on the tax. Its a joke the tax is meant to make buisnesses find better ways to reduce carbon but they will just pass it on down the line.. Its just a money grab by the government
    in my opinion only deluded people have ever thought it will make a difference i mean while our government brings in a new tax to "combat carbon production" they are also increasing the coal mining and export rights,so what we aren't allowed to burn here because it's dirty and causes "climate change" is ok to be dug out and put on ships (which of cause don't cause any pollution) and transported 1000's of kilometres overseas to burn because they need the cheap power to run their industries
    lets not forget that China increases their emissions every 12-18 months by the total amount Australia produces so close up Australia and in 12-18 months it will have made no difference to the rest of the world
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    State government is increasing the waste levy here by 28%. Councils have to pay that so it will be passed on no doubt.
    i think you may also find that at least some of the top "carbon" producers for carbon tax purposes are councils and a fair amount of this "carbon" is produced as a by product of waste disposal so they will be increasing their charge to either pay the tax or to pay for the plant and equipment needed to get around it either way we will be screwed

Good points Ian...

Member of forum

I called my local council this morning regarding pricing come 1 July for waste. Unfortunately they could not release the new price until Sunday, but could confirm that it was going up.

tip fees up 10% plus the rise that epa have put on them..so our 25 per metre will be 30 maybe 35 ....

Of course it wont make a difference to the world .

Nature is at war with man. Man cannot win A mathematical impossability .

Nature will be here well after we have gone .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

lets be honest we always knew it would only be a matter of time before they found a way to tax the air we breath

Hey its not a Tax Ian its Carbon Pricing cz Julia says so..

stolen off a friends fb
    Carbon tax.jpg

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast