Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Tax

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Carbon Tax

Quote Originally Posted by Blaktop View Post
    I tend to disagree with that premise AJ, the Libs campaigned a price on carbon when they were in power, Labor tried for an ETS when Rudd was the boss (which was essentially defeated by the Greens.....go figure)......some form of carbon pricing has been on the agenda of both parties for some time.
    if both sides want a version of it then that just goes to show how good a money making idea it probably is
    lets face it if anyone was actually serious about cutting the total emissions they would have to seriously look at cutting immigration
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thats excelent Mick..
    Laws are the answer not a frigen tax.. In Hobart there is a company that makes Zink (The Zink Works) and every day a ship full of waste from the Zink Works would leave hobart and go out to the Continental shelf and dump it. This went on for many years until a law was made that it must stop by a given time limit or The Zink works would be shut down and it was up to that company to solve the problem. Guess what the problem was fixed... The stuff that was being dumped is now sent to SA where it is refined and used for other purposes.. Its a prety big insentive to find a solution isnt it.. As far as third world countries then the world needs something like the UN for climate..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Blaktop View Post
    I remember when emmision laws all but killed off the muscle car era in the early 70s.......now look at the performance car scene, more power for less pollution.
    More power for less pollution but less fun! Current model GT Falcon vs XW/XY/XA/XB GT... The seat of my pants tells me which one I'd rather be driving!

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

It's interesting that the ETS was actually designed for businesses to find "more environmental" solutions to reduce paying the tax. that's not how governmrnts make money

In my opinion, the real reason why it was scapped was from the fact businesses WOULD find the solutions and the government wouldn't capitalise on it. In fact, a company that I previously owned was carbon neutral (there were only 21 companies at the time part of the government scheme... 19 being multi-nationals). Was it worthwhile doing? well, was a good marketing idea!

We have signed an AGREEMENT that we would be collecting a carbon tax and donating to the U.N, from memory this was signed in KRUDD's days (2008/09) or early JULIAR's days and there is no way possible of pulling out. As i posted earlier there are already 30+ countries already paying a carbon tax and the U.N starting goal is to collect 100 billion a year from developed countries.

The U.N states that it is to fund 3rd world countries which is a load of crap... U.N is corrupt and there main goal is to form a one world government and there doing a mighty fine job doing it.

Why do you think KRUDD was so desperate to be part of U.N which he now is... interesting it was at the same time he was axed... was this a set and planned move... that's your call. Also interesting that Bob Brown resigns prior the July 1 when his so called "dream" goes live!

I won't even mention Al Gore....

They are all making more money being part of the U.N (World Government) and they have more control towards the world decisions. At the end of the day... it is all about power they tell me

Simmo.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Grr... this double post is killing me...

it must be global warming, climate change or Admin #%@^ with my account

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    lets be honest we always knew it would only be a matter of time before they found a way to tax the air we breath
    Ian we used to joke about the state goverment would tax the water from the heavens.
    We now have meters on our dams.
    Will only be a matter of time all the rainwater tanks will be metered.

Whats the difference between Juilia + Jesus christ?
    Jesus christ knows he isnt Juilia.
    Cheers astro.

The U.N. sounds like a front for the Illuminati.

I wasn't aware the CT was a cap and trade scheme. I thought that's what Rudd's ETS was all about, and that was deleted by the Greens. I don't recall seeing anything about tradeable carbon credits in this scheme. If big polluters can reduce their carbon footprint they reduce the amount of tax they pay. If we can reduce the amount of carbon we produce around the home (for example reducing the amount of time the A/C is on) we reduce the amount we have to pay for our energy. It looks pretty simple to me.

Bring a bunch of laws to make pollution illegal and watch the businesses fall over and jobs disappear. Shut down the power stations.....yeah right. Force them to go green.....you think your electricity costs are high now, who do you think will pay......we will.

I don't know.....what I do know is people have been talking about this for 15 years and in that time virtually nothing has been done to reduce pollution. I don't care one way or the other about climate change as much as I do about the increasing pollution.

imagesCA0PS776.jpg
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

you're wasting your time blaktop, they've been indoctrinated by Jones/Hadley/whatever ultra right-wing shock-jocks the other cities have...
    no ability to think or reason for themselves.....the indoctrination of the Liberal Party vs over 90% of scientists world-wide

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Sydney mixed waste costs have gone up to $290.91 per tonne, minimum charge has gone from $43 to $55.

hmmm, bait in the water for half an hour now.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    hmmm, bait in the water for half an hour now.....
    sorry didn't realise you wanted a reply just thought it was too stupid a comment to be serious

or are you saying that you believe that taxing Australian industry via a carbon tax one of the main aims of which is to make it too expensive to use coal powered electric generators while still mining the coal and exporting it to China to power their generators is actually going to make a difference to a global problem
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I think it comes down to that some people have to remember our countries population is insignificant to really make a change yet we mine and sell pollution to other countries and we get taxed for it where is the logic in that then buy it back?

I have 3 young children and i really wonder what Australia is going to be like in 20 years with all the cr@p this government is doing its quite scary when they have done nothing to fix it they just put a band aid on it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast