Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: !@(*^%&^ non paying customers!

Tim from HMS

Default !@(*^%&^ non paying customers!

I just KNEW this was gonna be a bad idea....

A commercial client who is a right PITA at the best of times...oh there's 3 bits of grass in the shop (they must have blown under your door honey cos when I mow you're closed!!!!!!!). Oh can you do it cheaper??? Then...can I pay by monthly account?

Little voice in my head (and loud voice of wife) said NO...BACK AWAY SLOWLY...DO NOT GO THERE....but did I listen??? Nope.

Now we are still waiting for the payment for October and November's account has just been issued. I'm wondering what creative excuse she'll have this time??? First we got...oh the cheque is in the mail (yeah right..oh and seeing as I said strictly cash or EFT, why send a cheque??). Then 2 weeks later is was..oh we give the mail to my mum and sometimes she forgets to post it...will send another immediately. Another week and still no cheque...so I drop in to the shop to make life easier for her..oh I don't have that much in the till and I left my cheque book at home

Having just printed out the next invoice including past dues and the weekly late payment fee my wife had the forethought to include on the invoices, I am not hopeful of getting my $$$. Merry Christmas.

oh and don't expect me to mow your lawns this week either!

Default Re: !@(*^%&^ non paying customers!

Yep, there are some w@nkers out there alright. You could always wait until she has a shop full of customers, then start making a scene. It might not get you your money, but hopefully it will scare away a few of her customers.
    How would she feel if people came into her shop, took some of her merchandise, and said, "I'll pop back next month to pay you". It doesn't work that way.

Yeah we all have been bitten by the bludgers
    how would they shop at Woolworths or Coles
    they are the way of our business
    hope to meet up with one at Woolworths or Coles in the checkout and LOUDLY ASK FOR MY MONEY - Hope it is a really busy day

bigG

this is the time of year they all come out of the wood work too.be relentless with these people

I've got one that will be getting a nice message sprayed on his lawn with round-up this weekend if the money doesn't arrive.

lethal

yes, I have quite a few customers like that, but you have to get tough with them, it is the only way...oh and I like the fact that the ones that are cunning stunts are usually successful business owners who have plenty of cash, but don't like to part with it even though they have had someone there to do some work.

I have to admit that seeing them in front of their colleagues is the best time to approach them for that money. I have in the bank to be precise and they look all embarrassed and quickly get the cash for you!

At Indy we have the same problem contractors not paying .We stop supply or put them on payment only b4 goods despatched.

All companies have the problem .

By the way we arnt having a dig at anyone here .

I heard this somewhere
    i cant remember where

If you point the finger there is allways three pointing back lol
    Last edited by administrator; 10-01-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

when i first started a client(a real estate agent) didn't clearly state what she expected me to do then rang to complain that the job hadn't been done right i said sorry and went and did another 3 hrs work i didn't make much on the job but through being nice this year i expect to do over $12000 in work which i can trace back in referals and referals from people i have been refered to including another agency from a former rental manager who now works as there receptionist so my advice is it pays to be nice