Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Tips and product locations / prices

Default Tips and product locations / prices

Does anyone in Sydney know of a cheap tip/ i.e. a council tip?
    Also, are there any places that sell mulch etc in bulk for a better price than flowerpower?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Default Re: Tips and product locations / prices

most tree lopping firms

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

imoww
    I just stick to the local landscape suppliers for mulch etc.There are not to many places I've found where you get much of a discount.
    I don't put any mark up on product,just add my running around/organising time to the bill.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

When it comes to mulch the few times ive seen it advertised cheap i have gone and had a look and very quickly see why. Usally has all sorts of rubbish in it and whiteants(termites) go through mulchers still alive and noone will be happy if you mulch with mulch that has them in it.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Our tip here shreds and mulches all the greenwaste once a month and gives it away free but I won't use it for those exact reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Does anyone in Sydney know of a cheap tip/ i.e. a council tip?
    Also, are there any places that sell mulch etc in bulk for a better price than flowerpower?
    I don't know of any cheap places for tipping, but I know at the flower power I used to go to they weren't cheap, but they used to look after me with quantities. If I ordered a scoop of mulch it would be more like 1 and half scoops or as much as they could get in the bucket. They would always have the bucket way overloaded. Do you have the Flower Power trade card so you get a 8% ( I think) discount on landscaping products and 20% off plants? There was a Flower Power right near 90% of my clients so it was convenient for me to go there also.

The council tips in Sydney are not cheap, the majority are run by Waste Services Network, which is owned by the State Government. Minimum fees are now $45, or $200 a tonne.
    I have been told there are a very private tips around, apparantly there's one out at Windsor which is about half the prce of the government owned ones.

Australian Native Landscapes i find cheaper than Flower Power and better quality, i always use the 10mm Hort Bark. You could always try a local tree lopper for average quality mulch in quantities over 5 cubic metres.

Yep. Ive got the tradies card and the guys allways overload
    The bucket for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I don't know of any cheap places for tipping, but I know at the flower power I used to go to they weren't cheap, but they used to look after me with quantities. If I ordered a scoop of mulch it would be more like 1 and half scoops or as much as they could get in the bucket. They would always have the bucket way overloaded. Do you have the Flower Power trade card so you get a 8% ( I think) discount on landscaping products and 20% off plants? There was a Flower Power right near 90% of my clients so it was convenient for me to go there also.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

It's rare to find any suppliers around here who give trade discount. Even rarer to find any who let you have an account with them. The one yard that does won't be much longer as they have written off $32,000.00 in bad/overdue debts in recent times.