Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SILLY Mistakes

Default Re: SILLY Mistakes

Many years ago with a Honda SP, cutting wet grass and it clogging up,clearing it out without stopping motor all of a sudden feeling 5or6 distinctive wacks on the end of the rude finger .Iremember going pale and thinking Ive taken the end off only to look and find a 4mm split in the end of the nail.I sighed that it was ok..................... and then the pain kicked in. Here's me jumping up and down on the customers front lawn. didnt know which way to hold it . pointing in the air to try and stop the throbbing Wont do that again. and every time after that if the catcher overfills reminds me of that day lucky boy
    Last edited by regester64; 14-09-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: addition spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    Christ greenie. Youve opened a can of worms with this thread.
    I reckon good stories, good to read after u have had a shocker of a day

I picked up the wrong beer once and had a mouthful....it was Fosters!!!OMG!!still have nightmares

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I picked up the wrong beer once and had a mouthful....it was Fosters!!!OMG!!still have nightmares
    That Sh!t is nearly as bad as VB i feel your pain

Many may relate to this one. I don't often say it but i was absolutely sure. After an asian fella got me to quote his lawn I was speaking to his wife and part of the conversation went, Well you really dont want to spend a heap on mowing blah blah blah being a rental property! Wife: Oh no, we own it but since the last 2 kids came along ..................

A few years back I was using a jockey strap to stop my mower from rolling off the trailer, for some reason I forgot to secure the mower.....well I first noticed something was wrong when I was going thru a roundabout,looked in my rear vision mirror I saw my mower rolling and tumbling down a busy road and onto the verge ending upside down . But of course being an aussie made honda I just dusted it off and It started straight away, still working after 8 Years . I have a backup jockey strap now

Quote Originally Posted by venta View Post
    A few years back I was using a jockey strap to stop my mower from rolling off the trailer, for some reason I forgot to secure the mower.....well I first noticed something was wrong when I was going thru a roundabout,looked in my rear vision mirror I saw my mower rolling and tumbling down a busy road and onto the verge ending upside down . But of course being an aussie made honda I just dusted it off and It started straight away, still working after 8 Years . I have a backup jockey strap now
    U tied your mower on using a jock strap???????/
    Cheers Fred.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luketud View Post
    That Sh!t is nearly as bad as VB i feel your pain
    yes it's such a pity for you northerners that the heath department in Vic doesn't allow the brewery workers here to piss in the vats like they do up north i know you miss that added flavour
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I parked a 54" John Deere a few metres behind the work ute(no trailer) to have lunch, went to reverse the ute for some reason got distracted by another guy that turned up to do some work on the property and reversed into the mower pushing it a few metres (Could'nt feel or hear a thing), the height of the tray meant I could'nt see it but I could see the cringed look on the other blokes face.

This was a tractor style mower, thankfully the only damage was breaking the bonnet but that was $550.

i once went to maccas and asked for fried rice the woman said "Sorry we dont sell frid rice" i looked at her with a shocked look on my fface" i didnt realize what i said, so next thing i asked for is a " Small fried rice" she got the ****s and walked away!! cant understand it!

I was trimming some bushes late one afternoon, it was getting dark. I filled up the hedge trimmer tank, put the petrol tin back, started the hedge trimmer then tipped it on it's side to trim the hedge and it stopped. I looked down and I had forgotten to put the fuel cap back on and I had just tipped the tank full of petrol on the ground.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Spent the weekend building gates for the trailer and fitting a toolbox to the drawbar to put all the combi stuff in a couple of months back. Unloaded the gear of course, finished the job and spent a bit of time organising how I could load all the gear in the modded trailer. Monday morning, quick "check" of the rig and off to Foster (40km away)........got to the first job.....no whippy.....no probs, I'll use the combi.....open the new toolbox.....combi, hedger attachment, polesaw attachment, edger attachment.......aaaargh, no whippy attachment. 80km round trip to get the GX35 and the whippy attachment.

Not washing the Kids uniforms for school today............. Big Mistake...........

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    I was trimming some bushes late one afternoon, it was getting dark. I filled up the hedge trimmer tank, put the petrol tin back, started the hedge trimmer then tipped it on it's side to trim the hedge and it stopped. I looked down and I had forgotten to put the fuel cap back on and I had just tipped the tank full of petrol on the ground.
    yep, done that

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Spent a while this morning giving the chainsaw chain a good sharpening and filed down the rakers too. Cleaned and dressed the bar ready for a lopping job today. Got there, fired up the saw and started on the first branch. Stopped and scratched my head as I reckon a butter knife would have done a better job. Had put the chain on backwards....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast