Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where have the older members gone

Default Re: Where have the older members gone

top tip: press the 'scroll wheel' on your mouse (if u have one) on a link and it automatically opens that link up in a new tab in background while keeping the current page open

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Glenn some of the ones that i have spoken too have gone because the advice they gave come back to bite them.

Some Indi members while pretending to be a mate are stabbing you in the back the next chance they get so really you can't blame them. Shame though because we had a good brotherhood going there for a while. Having said that there are still quite a few who i pass work onto so maybe the brotherhood has a chance to get back to where it was and those old members will come back on board .
    The only problem I really see is probably too many old bahhhhhhhhhhsstttt>>>>>>>>>>>>>> are worried that the phone doesnt ring with people who are willing for you to walk up with a "top end quote" and them to accept it on the spot.
    Times are changing and the cycle is what it is. Everyone is getting in, or back in while the grass is green and growing. Many probably don't have any qualifications and possibly start as cowboys. Some, possibly many go on to make a good living (by their own standards) and this makes it harder for all in the industry. People tend to watch their own back when things dont go their way and lay blame to others. I would really like to see what facts anyone has about indies stabbing others in the back.
    The fact is ANYONE can and does get into this industry, many with little or no qualification, skills and knowledge. It keeps things fresh and new and competitive for the client, like it or not. We just have to accept it or move into another industry.
    It does not take long for people to gather the knowledge they need to make a "go of it" in this industry. Many join, get what they need and move on.
    Saying that I think its just about my time and you shall see little of me, or maybe less if I get banned which is quite possible too.

Cheers!!

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

What would u be getting banned for John?

Simmo.

I'm still around Cranbourne, really glad spring has sprung and have been busy but it has meant less time on the forum. Hope you are all well.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    to speed things up i click on the "What's New" then open in new tabs so no waiting to download
    ^
    What he said

Gees i must be an old fart too, been around since late 2005. I still get plenty from the forum but don't give too much away in the open forum, more the private member's area.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    That`s just it, they`ve got older and gone fishing instead of surfing..
    Sounds like a great idea.

I met Lockie the other day, was a bit shocked when the green trailer with the yellow writing came across the road, but so glad he did, nice guy and spoke some truths about our industry that I'll be taking on board.

Thanks Lockie is was great to put a face to the name, look out for the bird next time. lol

I'll be lookin, good to meet ya too mate.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    I met Lockie the other day, was a bit shocked when the green trailer with the yellow writing came across the road, but so glad he did, nice guy and spoke some truths about our industry that I'll be taking on board.

Thanks Lockie is was great to put a face to the name, look out for the bird next time. lol
    Hey Andy did he look anything like you expected? I find that I get a picture of what people
    must look like from the forums and when you meet them its nothing like you expect.

Sorry to be talking about you as a third person Lockie. BTW I've always figured you would be young with blonde curly hair and a ladies man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Hey Andy did he look anything like you expected? I find that I get a picture of what people
    must look like from the forums and when you meet them its nothing like you expect.

Sorry to be talking about you as a third person Lockie. BTW I've always figured you would be young with blonde curly hair and a ladies man.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...................umm in a word no.....lol

that would be me.............not

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Do I classify as an older member lol? For a while there I was effectively working 2 jobs...left the one I had for 7 years and they begged me to help because my replacement just wasn't working out so I was doing a lot after hours thanks to remote access. But decided I was killing myself with lack of sleep and not seeing the family, but the money was good while it lasted. Then my puter died (I killed it through over work I think) and have only just got it back today.

Now to read everything I missed! Could have done with that iphone app while the pc was out of action.
    ~ Joanne ~

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post

whereas I've always thought he would probably look more like http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=lo...58,s:200,i:178
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    Do I classify as an older member lol? For a while there I was effectively working 2 jobs...left the one I had for 7 years and they begged me to help because my replacement just wasn't working out so I was doing a lot after hours thanks to remote access. But decided I was killing myself with lack of sleep and not seeing the family, but the money was good while it lasted. Then my puter died (I killed it through over work I think) and have only just got it back today.

Now to read everything I missed! Could have done with that iphone app while the pc was out of action.
    Hey nice to see you back Joanne.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast