Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRU216D 4 blade replacement question

Default Re: HRU216D 4 blade replacement question

Ive always tried to jam a block of timber in between the blade carrier and the frame but cant find a way yet.
    I just use the ring spanner and hammer.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    I've got a newer model, how do you get it off, I've been doing it the hard way which is really hard cause there is bugger all space???
    lol that is a lot harder!! ive never changed them without taking the carrier off
    just undo the two bolts (not the centre one)
    its even easier than a 196 or older 216 as less likely to turn engine over with the blade break and off centre bolts
    easy to clean underneath with carrier off also

technically your not supposed to use a rattle gun to take off blades/carriers as torque wrench is the 'correct' method
    supposed to do them up just the right amount to avoid snapping bolts etc

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    technically your not supposed to use a rattle gun to take off blades/carriers as torque wrench is the 'correct' method
    supposed to do them up just the right amount to avoid snapping bolts etc
    i use a spanner tighten as hard as i can then tap with hammer to tighten further the only bolt I've had snap off was on a new 197 on the 1st lawn so even the factory can't do them up correctly
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Less time servicing more time with family on weekends, unless you're hiding from your wife like many do. lol
    LOL, No need to hide, I got rid of mine and traded her in on a upgraded model

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i use a spanner tighten as hard as i can then tap with hammer to tighten further the only bolt I've had snap off was on a new 197 on the 1st lawn so even the factory can't do them up correctly
    me too or a rattle gun
    technically i shouldn't have been mowing in the rain today with the revs jacked up either but i was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12