Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: A weird problem with KIE

Default A weird problem with KIE

As the title suggests, I have a weird problem with KIE. Last week I fired it up to do some work and I got a message saying:

"You have reached your limit of client/job entries without your unlock code"

When I clicked Get Unlock Code button it took me to the page where you enter your unlock code (or apply for one if you don't have one). My unlock code was already entered. I entered it again anyway and got a message saying KIE was unlocked for August but when I went back to the program it still displayed the same message as before. I sent an email to Selina and she was at a bit of a loss. I struggled with it for a day, did a system restore to an earlier date which did nothing so I ran Windows Update to bring the restore point up to date and went to bed.

Got up the next day, booted the comp up.....and it all worked. Then yesterday when I got home from doing a couple of jobs, fired up KIE to mark them as done......same message. Tried all the same stuff, no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this? Basically it renders the software useless as you can't enter any jobs or clients.

Default Re: A weird problem with KIE

Have you recently installed any updates?. I had this problem in the early days. Selina got it sorted in the end though.

Updates to what? I have the latest version of KIE and other than that, just Windows updates. I've had the problem once before but the next day it was gone again.

It's hard enough trying to run a business without the software going on holidays and taking your scheduling and invoicing with it. When it happened last week Selina didn't seem to know what was causing it. I've sent her an email about this time but haven't heard back as yet......and I'm going to be needing to use KIE tomorrow. Not very impressed.

Selena is in Melbourne until Monday, so I found out on Friday, you will have to give her a ring on Monday evening.

Just an update to this. It seems it was a problem because KIE was generating the computer ID from a number of places including the hard drive.....but not always the same one. The latest update has fixed it, I believe she tied KIE to the motherboard only (not sure about that but it worked).