Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Diesel

Default Diesel

If in Victoria fill up with diesel, there are problems at a couple of the refineries, and they are talking about restrictions. I went to my local today and he said he was nearly out and not expecting a delivery quickly. Heard on the radio that it could be the end of next week before they get it flowing again.
    I filled up my mower, truck and 2 gerry cans. Cant be without diesel will bring me to a halt.

Default Re: Diesel

And funnily the price has shot up over 10 cents since i filled a couple of days ago

Is it just Shell or what? I thought it was their refinery that went offline. Haven't seen a price increase @ Caltex, bought some today, pretty much the same price I bought it for last time.
    Cert III Arborist

Quote Originally Posted by SunM View Post
    Is it just Shell or what? I thought it was their refinery that went offline. Haven't seen a price increase @ Caltex, bought some today, pretty much the same price I bought it for last time.
    apparently shell have equipment failure, and a couple of other efineries had storm damage. but just going by the reports on the radio, and the fact my local said they having trouble getting more soon

Damn, lucky I filled up yesterday then. Gonna be interesting at work tho, company I work for uses Shell for all its fuel, contracts right across the state have been given a warning to fill up and stock up. My depot should be alright though, mixed in with council, they have bio diesel pumps.
    Cert III Arborist

Hi all,

Diesel is getting a bit scarce, I had a look around this morning and the servo's I went to in Cranbourne, Carrum downs, Narre had none. I have a mate who has a diesel refeulling truck so he paid me a visit tonight and filled me up. Have 2 tanks in my work car so gives me 900-1000 km so will be right for a couple of weeks.
    He told me it was because australia doesn't make much diesel anymore we import alot of it and there are a few tankers sitting out in the bay at the moment with red tape delaying them dropping it off.

Cheers Rick