Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

I ordered 6 blades from boats.net yesterday and they shipped today. The freight is still very cheap @ $12.99 USD.
    They land here @ $15.33 AUD each compared to compared to $34 (bottom) & $31 (top) which is what I was quoted locally.

Thanks Arfa.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I ordered 6 blades from boats.net yesterday and they shipped today. The freight is still very cheap @ $12.99 USD.
    They land here @ $15.33 AUD each compared to compared to $34 (bottom) & $31 (top) which is what I was quoted locally.

Thanks Arfa.
    If I can stop those fat lazy b@stards at Honda Australia from ar$e reaming fellow grassies - it's an absolute pleasure.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Masters sell them for $22 regular price and about $18 now with the sale.
    I cant help myself, everytime I walk into Masters I walk out with a couple more of these.

is the rover running the disc or bar blade with flails?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    If I can stop those fat lazy b@stards at Honda Australia from ar$e reaming fellow grassies - it's an absolute pleasure.
    Yep thanks Arfa, received my new gearbox yesterday from these guys. Perfect.

FWIW though, if you have a HRX and this happens to you. Unless you sort the repair by buying from the US and fitting the part yourself. Buy a new mower.

With Honda quoting $650-700 for the part, I'd say its a 2-3 hour job for the experts, so you'd probably be up for near $900 for the repair. With only a couple of youtube videos to go by, it took me around 4 hours to do the job.

I had a request to cut a lawn really short, so I tried out the lowest setting today. The base kept getting stuck on the ground and was a real slog, doing the front. Out the back i tried lifting the front wheels up 1 notch. Still did a fair cut but a heap less effort, as it only occasionally got stuck.

I had lowered the blades a smidge as Arfa had suggested so it was fairly low anyway.

I have put an occy strap around the back flap rod, on the left side of the mower and the other end hooks over the handle. I simply engage the blade brake as needed and the occy strap holds it in place nicely. It's good being able to stick your hand in the chute to scrape it out when ya empty the catcher, without fear of having your fingers being hit. Cetainly better than turing the mower off.

I have moved the spring that attaches to the governor to the second hole up as it gives more revs. Greg

I've got a rover procut 50 (20" cut) for the lawns that need to be cut lower, but only use it 1-2 days a fortnight. I don't go below the 2nd lowest setting on the Hrx and occasionally it bottoms out, but I haven't modified the height of the blades. With the blade break I just use a cheap Bunnings clamp to hold it in place, does the job and easy to release when emptying the catcher. Still my favourite mower.

OK fellas, the results are in.
    Comparison between the HRU and the HRX is over.
    One died.
    Thread is here http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...nal-comparison

Side by side.jpg
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

How long a run are you guys getting out of the hydrostatic transmission

I ordered 5 bottom & 2 top blades last night from boats.net. The shipping was $17 USD on the order, but got an email this morning to say an extra $72 USD was needed for shipping.
    At 66c exchange rate it makes them dearer than AU prices.

Had the same thing happen to me ordering a new catcher and $72 extra for delivery.Cancelled order and re ordered one catcher frame and paid for it then ordered a catcher bag and paid for that separately and a few days later an email telling me they wanted extra money.In the end it was cheaper to buy it locally.

Hi I had the same problem with boats.net. Its better to get a Shopmate account from Australia Post, as that gives you a US address. You tell the supplier to ship to the Shopmate address and then Shopmate send the items to Australia. The shipping rates from them are more reasonable.

They do apply GST to the transactions. This is a link to their shipping rates https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-...shipping-rates

I'm not sure what's happening now. I cancelled the order on Friday morning.
    Friday night I get emailed the invoice for the original amount and saying it will be shipped that day.
    Checked my bank this morning & just the original amount had been taken out.

Maybe I'll get another bill later for the extra $72USD

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132