Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

On the money BeetleJuice, you make it easier to make hay.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Two guys i know as mowing contractors,one my brother in law the other his mate Andrew

Andrew refuses to use a self propelled mower,claims it's for girls.He is about to get out of mowing as his hip,knees are shot.

As he's in daily discomfort and still pushes every day.I always thought as you get older you get wiser and smarter.Maybe not in his case.

Brother in law and me only use self propelled, neither of us are looking at stopping due to fatigue like Andrew

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

my hrx217 just played up this afternoon...

it started, then few seconds shut off, then didnt want to start anymore...

wait 20min...then it happened again as above. time to get excuse to go home due to the rain

changed the spark and oil, didnt help...

Next place I would look is the carby. Drop the fuel bowl and see if there are any nasties in there. If so, a simple dismantle, clean,reassemble should see you good to go again. On a side note, we got cyclone Ita bangin on our door tomorrow so already psyched up for a few days off with beer in the fridge.

yes...thats what I reckon too...will check first thing tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    my hrx217 just played up this afternoon...

it started, then few seconds shut off, then didnt want to start anymore...

wait 20min...then it happened again as above. time to get excuse to go home due to the rain

changed the spark and oil, didnt help...
    I had similar issues and found the culprit a dirty air cleaner, it looked ok but was actually stopping flow so much the engine wouldn't run, same symptoms your having (this was half way through a job). Replaced that and then had issues with a bad idle, gave it a really good clean with carby cleaner whilst running and its cleared itself up completely.

FWIW some of the US guys seem to have issues with carbs on these, the whole carb is a $25 throw away item so when your next getting blades might be worthwhile ordering one.

clean the carbie. however, still bit play up.

if i open the fuel cap, it was working ok. seems need to change the fuel cap.

the whole carb with auto choke is about US$52

Honda made a contractors mower but no body wanted to pay the price $2,500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqfHRfS0wA

That's about 4 Rovers......Nup.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    That's about 4 Rovers......Nup.
    Dunno where you got $2,500 from ???? - possibly the UK ?

The Utube clip shows the HRX identical to the ones I use. $1,011.00 delivered to my door from the USA in under 10 days from placing order.

For $300 more than a Rover 560, it will outlive 2x Rovers, and for $600 less than an Aussie HRU Honda I still find it hard to believe Aussie's still go back to be reamed by Honda Australia.

I'd buy a 560 tomorrow if they did something about the cork clutch and pre-WW2 wheel ratchets, but for sheer worry free performance for your buck, the HRX is (to date) unbeatable.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

I was referring to the commercial model,the dealer i go to had them but no one wanted to buy them

i thought the commercial model was discontinued already, HRC216

I was referring to the commercial model,the dealer i go to had them but no one wanted to buy them
    Honda Australia refuse to allow the HRX to be sold in Australia. So your dealer must be offering the "commercial" version of the old HRU, which used to be around $2500 last time I checked, but other than the steel deck, it was identical to the usual "domestic" alloy deck model that contractors use.
    Spec's were virtually impossible to get - so it was a case of "trust me - a steel deck is worth $900 more than an alloy one"

Ok - Checked again and the clip you've got is definitely for the HRX = $680 USD. or $1011 AUD delivered to your door in Australia.

The commercial HRC clip is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48AaMzUqEes and the bloke clearly says $1,200 which is in USD
    You will note the HRC only uses the old 160cc overhead valve motor, where the HRX uses the new 190cc overhead cam motor.

the HRC is US$1200 and sold here for AU$2500. but its been discontinued due to no one will spend AU$2500 for the lawnmower.

the only different between HRU and HRC: steel & hydrostatic

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    the HRC is US$1200 and sold here for AU$2500. but its been discontinued due to no one will spend AU$2500 for the lawnmower.

the only different between HRU and HRC: steel & hydrostatic
    OK - so $1200 us + $330 freight + $240 import duty + around $130 exchange rate = only $1,900 AUD if you import yourself from an American retail dealer.

Crikey these Honda executives must have huge expense accounts - how much does a long, l....o.....n....g business lunch at an expensive resturant cost ??
    I guess the hotel bills and entertainment expenses must all add up when they take a business class flight to - and from - America, just to pick up and deliver your mower for you.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast