Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

i have seen the videos. Seems looks good.

@redeye, even honda struggling to collect grass clipping.

but considers it's AWD and cheaper than Honda. It also uses Honda GCV190 and 22inch width

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Toro front wheel drive is popular in the USA because the chute is full width and has no issues.

I have to give a big shout out to my kids.
    Mothers day has always been a special day in our family, but this year they've really excelled, they've gone out and bought their mother a HRX for mothers day. And as a special treat, when it comes, i'll step up a notch and treat the wife some expert lawnmowing for the day, who knows, i might like it so much, that i'll use it through the week as well to keep it in good running order.
    Well Done Kids XXXXXX

Nice one.

I'm loving my HRX! It's done about 8 hours now and I did it's first oil change after about 4 hours (Honda suggest a first change after 5 hours then 50 hourly after that or 25 hourly in dusty conditions - which is what I'll be doing). What a machine. I did a large lawn (1000m2) of Sir Walter today, very thick and about 7 inches high. The 190cc Honda just ploughed through.

It wouldn't charge it's own battery enough for the keystart to reliably turn the engine over every time, so I hooked the battery up to a Jaycar 12v charger overnight and problem solved. Starts first time, every time on the keystart now.

I'm putting an hour meter (ebay dirt bike / snowmobile style meter) on it tonight so I can monitor use for the 25 hour intervals.

Im thinking to import the new husqvarna HU725AWD/BBC

My HRX217HZA arrived today, haven't tried any lawns yet, couldn't resist turning the key though, started first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    My HRX217HZA arrived today, haven't tried any lawns yet, couldn't resist turning the key though, started first turn.
    Report tomorrow

Charging battery would get to me after a month or so of doing it.

Has an alternator, does it, itself
    Apparently has wi-fi as well, if you download the Honda app and sync it with the mower you can run a full engine diagnostic, and will give you the footy scores

Has an alternator, does it, itself
    Apparently has wi-fi as well, if you download the Honda app and sync it with the mower you can run a full engine diagnostic, and will give you the footy scores
    shame its the NFL not AFL
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

HRX had a descent workout today, just a few observations which my offsider pointed out, which have been covered better by Arfa

1. He loves the fact that you can mulch a lawn on the sly by closing off the chute
    2. Ground speed - Great
    3. Key Start - self charging ,
    4. Cut Quality - Excellent
    5. Emptying Catcher - Great, less of it

Some things i need to look at

1. Doesn't cut low enough for some of my couch lawns, which will be a problem because i dislike carrying 2 mowers.
    2. independent height adjustment - suck it up, we'll get used to it.
    3. Height settings - too broad, i need a setting between the settings, at least between the lowest 3 settings, try to think of a solution on the weekend.

Pretty Happy with it today, i'll be on the mower tomorrow, so i might notice a few more things

Cadase did you end up getting the hustler??

Na Mate, weighed up the pros and cons, not an essential fit for the business atm. Gates and Access being the main con

A video of it in action would be good mate. How much delivered.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast