Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Sorry to keep adding snippets piecemeal, but our mowers are set to 3200RPM as per the owners manual that came with my HRX. However, the below site suggests that max power of 5.1HP occurs at 3600RPM. I think I'm going to set my mower to that.

http://engines.honda.com/models/model-detail/gcv190

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Quote Originally Posted by SunMowing View Post
    Sorry to keep adding snippets piecemeal, but our mowers are set to 3200RPM as per the owners manual that came with my HRX. However, the below site suggests that max power of 5.1HP occurs at 3600RPM. I think I'm going to set my mower to that.

http://engines.honda.com/models/model-detail/gcv190
    I set my mowers to 4000rpm during the grow season, the mower's RPM when under full cutting load sits on 3600 and is unstopable in any grass, never ever have a blocked chute, HRU216d & HRU216m2. I just adjust the thottle to suit what im cutting.

Hey guys I have a hrx thanks to this thread, it's going well. Where does everyone get their blades from ?

Quote Originally Posted by mtasker01 View Post
    Hey guys I have a hrx thanks to this thread, it's going well. Where does everyone get their blades from ?
    Local Honda dealer, about $25.

The clutch in the blade brake in mine has started slipping. Rang the local Honda dealer $45 part, Honda has none in stock. Could take 2 weeks to get in but can't guarantee it. Ordered the part from the USA for $85 delivered, here in just over a week.

Looks pretty easy to fit.

same like me..
    just ordered the clutch in march from redshed...no stock...
    ordered from USA, the clutch arrived 3 weeks ago..
    got a call from redshed this morning, my clutch arrived.

yesterday, i got another problem, the right rear wheel not engaging properly. Seems the gear bo

What sort of hours have you guys got on your machines with the clutch issue? I bought a HRX a couple of weeks ago and love it, its so much quicker and nicer to use compared to the 216.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

They have the HRX in the Honda winter brochure. $1299 without electric start $1499 with. Upper blades $21.00, lower blades $20.00. They also have a new domestic self propelled called HRR216VYU, steel deck, twin blades, clip director, GCV160, variable speed drive, blade brake for $899. Might be an alternative to the Rover pro cut. Would be great if someone who has one could post a review somewhere.

Mines a couple of years old now and gets a hammering with a lot of once a month mows.

Had the clutch start to stuff up in the field and the fix was to remove the large spring behind the blades that works the clutch unit. With the clutch now working it, kept me going for a good week or so till the part rocked up.

Now I'm having issues getting blades locally. No lower cutting blades in stock until the end of the month locally from Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    Mines a couple of years old now and gets a hammering with a lot of once a month mows.

Had the clutch start to stuff up in the field and the fix was to remove the large spring behind the blades that works the clutch unit. With the clutch now working it, kept me going for a good week or so till the part rocked up.

Now I'm having issues getting blades locally. No lower cutting blades in stock until the end of the month locally from Honda.
    My clutch slipped for the first time 2 weeks ago - smoked like buggery. But I'd stalled the motor with a big buildup of heavy grass and then revved the sh!t out of it and dumped the clutch to clear it. once i'd cleared the grass by hand = no more worries, but listening to you blokes it might be on the way out. I'll probably just shim it up if it wears too far and starts slipping.

What is it with Honda Australia and parts? Same deal when they introduced the HRU 21 inch 10 years ago - ended up getting blades from ASP in QLD because Honda couldn't supply blades for their HRU's for the first 6 months after release.
    Love to meet up with a Honda R&D or Sales manager one night out the back of the pub -
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

just ordered it from USA..quicker and easy. its hopeless to wait for them to supply it.

Took 5 weeks to get the clutch in melbourne; on the contrary, just took over a week from Amazon

Hey Arfa, which cox blades would suit the HRU216M2?

Changed the clutch today - with the rattle gun it took no longer than a change of blades. As good as new now.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    They have the HRX in the Honda winter brochure. $1299 without electric start $1499 with. Upper blades $21.00, lower blades $20.00. They also have a new domestic self propelled called HRR216VYU, steel deck, twin blades, clip director, GCV160, variable speed drive, blade brake for $899. Might be an alternative to the Rover pro cut. Would be great if someone who has one could post a review somewhere.
    One negative I can see, is that its lowest cutting height is 30mm.

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    One negative I can see, is that its lowest cutting height is 30mm.
    After years of use.... I've never had a problem with the cut heights.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast