Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Anyone ordered complete mower from the US recently? Curious to know prices etc with current exchange rate.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Hey Arfa, which cox blades would suit the HRU216M2?
    Number on the "Tuff" blade pack is 36-3653 to suit a 28 inch cox stepped and fluted.

You could ask ASP but they'd probably want to sell you the proper Honda blades now days. They only supplied me with cox blades (many many years ago) because Honda had been selling the new Hru 21inch for more than 6 months without being able to supply blades for them. Because the cox blades are twice as thick they last much better, but you need to use the cox bolts to suit and some rover "D" plates on the disc.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    After years of use.... I've never had a problem with the cut heights.
    Thanks but I was referring to the new HRR216VYU.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Number on the "Tuff" blade pack is 36-3653 to suit a 28 inch cox stepped and fluted.

You could ask ASP but they'd probably want to sell you the proper Honda blades now days. They only supplied me with cox blades (many many years ago) because Honda had been selling the new Hru 21inch for more than 6 months without being able to supply blades for them. Because the cox blades are twice as thick they last much better, but you need to use the cox bolts to suit and some rover "D" plates on the disc.
    Thanks Arfa. That's good to know. I've got a heap of honda blades in the sheds that I need to sharpen over winter, was just curious because I noticed i have a small mountain of honda blades building up as opposed to about 5 pairs of cox blades. I would say the cox ride gets 10 times more use over much more rough ground. There is a lot time and a bit of money to be saved by having longer wearing blades.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Thanks Arfa. That's good to know. I've got a heap of honda blades in the sheds that I need to sharpen over winter, was just curious because I noticed i have a small mountain of honda blades building up as opposed to about 5 pairs of cox blades. I would say the cox ride gets 10 times more use over much more rough ground. There is a lot time and a bit of money to be saved by having longer wearing blades.
    Usually the blades are stuffed because the lift flute wears out.
    If it's just the sharpness you are changing blades for, there is a better way.
    A 14mm socket will remove the centre bolt on the disc carrier - which removes the disc and all 4x blades attached.
    A 4 or 5 inch angle grinder is plenty to grind the cutting edge sharp again - just chuck the disc on the bench and grind each blade in turn.
    Bolt the disc back on to the mower and you're done.

You only need to take the blades off the disc when you're chucking them in the bin.

I always remove the blade carrier. I then swap it with a spare blade carrier which has sharp blades and then when i have time I'll swap the sharp blades for the blunt. But same diff really. I'm wasting time by not sharpening blades whilst on the carrier.

The original HRX I bought lines up for another season !
    "Touch wood" it's still going strong and without a problem.
    Here it is sitting under the new truck ready to go. https://youtu.be/fzk04uMS0Bc

Well just purchased a replacement for my original HRX, original is still going (15 months), cosmetically looking a bit rough, im not very gentle with my equipment.
    I have to replace the handle, its actually snapped in a couple of places, (the corner of the handle loop and a section in the length of the handle). Left hand rear wheel was jamming a bit a couple of months back, a a bit of lubricant fixed that. Key start was garbage that lasted a couple of months at best.
    Engine is still going strong, i do a lot of rough rental work, so the mower has put up with a lot. New one cost me $1240 (honda dealer this time) No key start

Just noticed Masters are now selling some Honda's, including the HRX217.
    https://www.masters.com.au/product/1...cher-hrx217hyu

Q? - 100 clients - 1 cut per month over 1 year. How much per cut does top gear cost?
    Q? - 50 clients over 2 years with crap gear is enough to give the game away.
    Do it easy, and look at the outcomes of better investments!
    Good lasts! Crap fails! Everytime..

Quote Originally Posted by GQdude View Post
    Just noticed Masters are now selling some Honda's, including the HRX217.
    https://www.masters.com.au/product/1...cher-hrx217hyu
    Is this model the same as Arfa imported?

Honda HRR217HYU $1299.00 Honda HRX217HZU $1499.00

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Is this model the same as Arfa imported?

Honda HRR217HYU $1299.00 Honda HRX217HZU $1499.00
    That be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by lawn order View Post
    Q? - 100 clients - 1 cut per month over 1 year. How much per cut does top gear cost?
    Q? - 50 clients over 2 years with crap gear is enough to give the game away.
    Do it easy, and look at the outcomes of better investments!
    Good lasts! Crap fails! Everytime..
    Some blokes just don't get it. They think they can compete professionally with a $350 push mower from bunnings.

It's like starting an earthmoving business with a shovel and wheelbarrow instead of a bobcat and tipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Some blokes just don't get it. They think they can compete professionally with a $350 push mower from bunnings.

I didn't think they had any in there that expensive. we had a bloke ask for stuff for free on Facebook, then advertise a mowing business, 24hrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    I didn't think they had any in there that expensive. we had a bloke ask for stuff for free on Facebook, then advertise a mowing business, 24hrs later.
    Just wait for another 24 hours for him to go out of business.

We call 'em "Summer Wonders" .... they can usually be found here by late Autumn.

Some of the cashed up "redundancy" wonders can have pretty good new gear you can score for near nothing when they fold.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast