Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

I think the first thing I will be breaking is the rear wheels height adjuster but I try not to move the rears very often anyways.
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Same reason I stick to the Hondas... I treat my gear rough....As Greenie knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    No....but I don't care, I punish mine and still going strong, and as u know John if anyone can break a machine I can ;-)

Sterlo
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    The yank one has a key start, best I read all the specs tho.
    You can get both, key start and pull start here in aus. The key start model is about $200 more than the pull only model.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    No....but I don't care, I punish mine and still going strong, and as u know John if anyone can break a machine I can ;-)

Sterlo
    I know its not just asked the question as imoww was a little confused?

Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    So the domestic one is as good as the commercial one?
    I dont get it?

SEMowing -Has it ever been advertised as a commercial mower by Honda??

Can anyone tell me the difference in these? Before I start the long look and checking specs?

Honda HRR217HYU $1299.00 Honda HRX217HZU $1499.00

one's over-priced, the other is more over-priced

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

One is key start, the other isn't.

I'm looking at getting another of these and won't be getting the keystart again. Whilst charging the battery every week or so isn't an issue, the fact the battery lasted less than 12 months is an issue.

The Version at Masters is the same as the pull start versions imported by others from the USA.

Now, can we find someplace locally selling slightly less than Masters so we can get them to price match with a 10% further discount.

W
    Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    I'm looking at getting another of these and won't be getting the keystart again. Whilst charging the battery every week or so isn't an issue, the fact the battery lasted less than 12 months is an issue.

The Version at Masters is the same as the pull start versions imported by others from the USA.

Now, can we find someplace locally selling slightly less than Masters so we can get them to price match with a 10% further discount.
    If you shop at woolworths, they have been putting a 10% off voucher for Masters on their dockets a fair bit lately.

Thanks guys, found a code online thats valid till the 18th October that gave me 10% off. Just ordered it online and will pickup instore. Came out at $1169.10

Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    the fact the battery lasted less than 12 months is an issue.
    If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times - "if it's electrical you can rely on it ...... to fail "

Under $1200 is pretty good dollar for a HRX. Tempted to get another one for the shed.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

What sort of grass have you got going in the shed ?

Village Mowers at Ingleburn have one ready to go for $1200.

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    What sort of grass have you got going in the shed ?
    Not anything you'd destroy with a lawnmower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Check the cable adjuster for the clutch - it wears a bit and the cable gets sticky. I lubed the cable by running some oil down inside it and adjusted the adjuster so it didn't wear on the same spot - back to "holy sh!t -this thing is fast !! "

Paul - the deck is about an inch wider than it's HRU 21 inch cousin.
    I went looking for this comment yesterday as the Hrx was gradually getting slower (equivalent to 2nd speed on the Hru) and vaguely remembered Arfa posting this comment. Sprayed some lanolin spray and adjusted the cable, nearly chucked a wheely on the test run. Happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1972 View Post
    I went looking for this comment yesterday as the Hrx was gradually getting slower (equivalent to 2nd speed on the Hru) and vaguely remembered Arfa posting this comment. Sprayed some lanolin spray and adjusted the cable, nearly chucked a wheely on the test run. Happy again.
    Glad it worked for ya, Neighbor.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast