Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU ???

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

Just got some genuine Honda 217 parts delivered from the USA, = arrived in 7 days!
    Parts I ordered locally (about 40km away) still haven't turned up after more than 2 weeks.

Part numbers and prices for anyone interested.
    I get the front wheel/tyre assemblies and swap the existing rear drive gear onto them when the tyre wears out. (the gear doesn't wear much, and when you reverse it the driven side of the teeth is virtually new) It's easy enough to do with a soldering iron to melt the plastic.

44710-VH7-000ZA WHEEL, FR. *NH164* (Honda Code 7648165) x4 $7.62 $30.48
    SubTotal $30.48
    Shipping Fee $11.99
    Grand Total $42.47

I've been quoted over $30 per wheel here in Australia with no guarantee of delivery time.

42661-VH7-000 GEAR, PINION (13T) (Honda Code 7586019) x2 $2.33 $4.66
    42668-VE2-800 SPRING (Honda Code 4012019) x2 $0.07 $0.14
    42672-VE2-800 KEY, RATCHET (Honda Code 4010278) x4 $0.17 $0.68
    54630-VH7-A02 CABLE, CHANGE (Honda Code 8302481) 1 $5.23 $5.23
    72511-VH7-000 BLADE, ROTARY (Honda Code 7586233) x4 $9.41 $37.64
    72531-VH7-000 BLADE, ROTARY (Honda Code 7586241) x2 $9.41 $18.82
    75150-VE1-R00 DISK, DRIVEN (Honda Code 7379043) 1 $16.41 $16.41
    SubTotal $83.58
    Shipping Fee $15.99
    Grand Total $99.57

$10ea for blades ............. How much are you blokes paying from the local Honda dealers ??

The entire plastic deck assembly including shutters and ramps delivered to my door is under $200 AU ($147 USD), but that plastic deck is still bashing on from the 1st mower I imported. Still good to know - I remember the alloy HRU 216 deck was over $350 locally - and that was 10 years ago.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA imported from USA - A better mower for less $$ than an Aussie HRU

i did order the clutch pad last year.
    ordered it in melbourne took 5 weeks, at the same time ordered it from jacksmall, USA, arrived in 1 week.
    At the end, i cancelled the order the melbourne one since already got from USA.

yesterday, my worker hit brick causing the shaft severe damage. calling 2 suppliers in Melbourne..no one can get me the price & stock.
    check the jacksmallengine, the price already on their website

Hi Arfa,

where did you order the parts from? since the shipping cost is very cheap

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Hi Arfa,

where did you order the parts from? since the shipping cost is very cheap
    Yeah - I thought there was some mistake, but that's what I was charged. Maybe there is some loophole with postage because usually USA freight is the big killer in buying from the US.
    I got a 2nd order just to check and the postage is still very low (compared to usual USA international)
    The place is primarily a boat sales/spares, so maybe that gives them some advantage with international postage ?

Here is the link http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ho...wer/parts.html

Thanks for the heads-up, I bought a set from local dealer last week for $40.
    I just ordered 4 x sets from your guy for about $20/ pair and $16 freight.
    Trev

Thanks AB for doing the leg work/research on blades, just ordered 3 sets from your guy + some air filters.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenst View Post
    Thanks AB for doing the leg work/research on blades, just ordered 3 sets from your guy + some air filters.
    Glad I could help you avoid the Honda Australia reaming. (or in Honda-speak ......."touch your toes Mr Contractor" )

The blades were just to top up spares, I thought $10 was pretty cheap as my originals were $14. - the real reason I found them was looking for replacement tyres / wheels.
    Did you notice the price for the transmission control cable ? $5.30 !! Here they just shift the decimal point one column to the right and reach for the vaseline.
    You know the air filters are just Brigg&Stratton interchangeable right ? Available cheap everywhere.

TGC - $40 a set isn't as bad as I expected. Prices over $60 a set were being chucked around not so long ago.

I nearly picked up 4 wheels as they were cheap as, mower is only weeks old so I figured I have at least 12 months before I need new news.
    Im sick of being shafted and waiting for mower shops "to get parts in" because they carry no stock

thanks arfa for the info

Dear Arfa, I am pretty rough as guts. I've only got a seized up shifter and a ball-peen hammer in my tool box.
    Can you do me a favor and try out what if I am doing on my HRX is OK or semi tecnically crap.
    I take two small Zippy ties with fine clicky adjusts and connect them,and make a loop which encircles a certain spring
    within the Carby Area and a static area on the carby body.
    If I snick the Zippy one click, my engine revs an extra 50 - 70 revs.
    When I snip the Zippy ties, the engine returns to its original revs.
    Test this and renounce me as naughty if I am wrong,

Supplier contacted me this morning and wanted to add US$65 for freight, I'm not sure if you other blokes had the same issue.
    I cancelled the order and will buy locally.

Trev

My order has gone through, will be shipped on Thursday as they are waiting for more blades. I'm thinking they might have had a few orders after AB's post last w/end!

Quote Originally Posted by tgc View Post
    Supplier contacted me this morning and wanted to add US$65 for freight, I'm not sure if you other blokes had the same issue.
    I cancelled the order and will buy locally.

Trev
    Was that the supplier I posted the link to ?

I've had it happen with other USA mobs, but not this new one.

Dear Arfa, I am pretty rough as guts. I've only got a seized up shifter and a ball-peen hammer in my tool box.
    Can you do me a favor and try out what if I am doing on my HRX is OK or semi tecnically crap.
    I take two small Zippy ties with fine clicky adjusts and connect them,and make a loop which encircles a certain spring
    within the Carby Area and a static area on the carby body.
    If I snick the Zippy one click, my engine revs an extra 50 - 70 revs.
    When I snip the Zippy ties, the engine returns to its original revs.
    Test this and renounce me as naughty if I am wrong,Lawnorder

I haven't tried this, but it sounds like you are changing the tension on a throttle control spring which will change the revs.
    On the HRX, I just slightly bend the governor arm (the one that comes out the side of the engine crankcase) to apply a little more tension to the governor spring. That increases the revs a bit without affecting the mid range control.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Was that the supplier I posted the link to ?

I've had it happen with other USA mobs, but not this new one.
    Yep same ones. In the end after fx conversion it was line ball price wise with the cheap freight so no biggie.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast