Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920

Default Nokia Lumia 920

Anyone have an lumia 920? Any pros or cons?

Have to get a smart phone early next year. Having the mobile windows platform make sense to me as it should make it simple to sync with my computers etc.

Any other alternatives with the windows 8?

Default Re: Nokia Lumia 920

samsung?....................

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

My Samsung uses a sync program called Kies Air. Haven't really used it or even explored its capabilities though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Anyone have an lumia 920? Any pros or cons?

Have to get a smart phone early next year. Having the mobile windows platform make sense to me as it should make it simple to sync with my computers etc.

Any other alternatives with the windows 8?
    Just picked up one. Now have to work my way around it which seems quite easy, hardest part is prising it from my wifes hands!

Just picked up one. Now have to work my way around it which seems quite easy, hardest part is prising it from my wifes hands!
    Sounds like you Need to buy another one for your wife!!!!

Sounds like you need a round of expresso's and a puppy!

I was thinking about getting the nokia lumia 520 they are old now but reason for this modle is they have a external arial conection that will give you better reception. But you must have a arial outside your car. The other phone that is good is called dave from teltra it allso has the arial conection. The phones are only $150 to $200 new now not everyone sells them as they are old

Quote Originally Posted by a1 valet View Post
    I was thinking about getting the nokia lumia 520 they are old now but reason for this modle is they have a external arial conection that will give you better reception. But you must have a arial outside your car. The other phone that is good is called dave from teltra it allso has the arial conection. The phones are only $150 to $200 new now not everyone sells them as they are old
    At last after 9 years of abuse, my old dinosaur phone kinda died last week. (the ringer speaker died - other than that it's fine.)
    When I was looking for a new replacement, I thought of what the old Nokia 6233 had been through - fallen from the top of trees during tree lopping, dropped on the ground countless times, been through the surf a couple of times + swimming pools, a trip through the washing machine, submerged in wet concrete, hot sugary coffee, cleaned the coffee out with prepsol, and a zillion hits, knocks and crushes .

SO - 9 years and 3x batteries later (and quite a few times left in the sun on the dashboard to dry out) I'm looking at the current offering and wondering which sparkly piece of fairy turd to replace the old girl with.
    Reality -
    - none of 'em would last a week.
    - none of 'em are as small, as light and as powerful.
    - none of 'em have anywhere near half the "standby time" or "talk time" from a single battery charge.
    - none of 'em have a decent loud ring you can hear over a screaming whippy, or a solid vibration alert like the old girl.
    - and I'd have to go through 2 years of university training to learn how to work an "android" or master the various "apps" in the modern phones.

Then would you believe I find there are places in Russia and China not only sell new parts to keep the old Nokia 6233 going, but selling rebuilt phones!
    So for $69 I get a rebuilt replacement phone, plus spares to rebuild my original (including screen, battery and ringer/vibro ) plus a spare ringer for if it fails again.

Next time your Iphone craps itself because it sat in a sweaty shirt pocket for half an hour, or fell 1m onto a carpeted floor - chase up a REAL phone.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

I had an old Nokia 6233 too issued to me on my previous occupation.
    the thing was bullet proof.
    Dropped every day. always getting wet. I remember once it got soaked in a rain storm. I dropped it onto railway tracks and thought it was a gonner until it started ringing the next day...
    Only problem is, i run my business now off my iphone.... Cant do it with the good old Nokia 6233

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    At last after 9 years of abuse, my old dinosaur phone kinda died last week. (the ringer speaker died - other than that it's fine.)
    When I was looking for a new replacement, I thought of what the old Nokia 6233 had been through - fallen from the top of trees during tree lopping, dropped on the ground countless times, been through the surf a couple of times + swimming pools, a trip through the washing machine, submerged in wet concrete, hot sugary coffee, cleaned the coffee out with prepsol, and a zillion hits, knocks and crushes .

SO - 9 years and 3x batteries later (and quite a few times left in the sun on the dashboard to dry out) I'm looking at the current offering and wondering which sparkly piece of fairy turd to replace the old girl with.
    Reality -
    - none of 'em have anywhere near half the "standby time" or "talk time" from a single battery charge.
    - none of 'em have a decent loud ring you can hear over a screaming whippy, or a solid vibration alert like the old girl.
    - and I'd have to go through 2 years of university training to learn how to work an "android" or master the various "apps" in the modern phones.

Then would you believe I find there are places in Russia and China not only sell new parts to keep the old Nokia 6233 going, but selling rebuilt phones!
    So for $69 I get a rebuilt replacement phone, plus spares to rebuild my original (including screen, battery and ringer/vibro ) plus a spare ringer for if it fails again.

Next time your Iphone craps itself because it sat in a sweaty shirt pocket for half an hour, or fell 1m onto a carpeted floor - chase up a REAL phone.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Reality -

Should buy one for my eldest daughter. She's killed 3 phones so far.

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Got the sony experia z1. Granted it's too, big doesn't ring loud enough or vibrate enough but I don't reckon I could go back to the old style phones. Gotten too used to having the internet in the ute. You have google maps, radar, email, bank site, navigation, music, excellent camera, indy web site for lunch time viewing and surf report. A very useful work tool. Sony z1 also waterproof to 5ft and dustproof.

I'm old school, real old, Nokia 6020. Have spares etc, solid, works fine, Too many important app's and things on phones are not good if you lose it, any important stuff is on my laptop, at home.

Reality -

You cant kill the old Nokia's I do love my smartphones but every time they **** them selves one of these guys gets pulled out the draw and put into service.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    You cant kill the old Nokia's I do love my smartphones but every time they **** them selves one of these guys gets pulled out the draw and put into service.

Nice photo - the phone on the right is reguarded as the most reliable model mobile phone ever made !
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.