Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice win for Xmass ( 26 units )

Default Nice win for Xmass ( 26 units )

Just picked up 26 units nice Xmass gift.

Went around and door knocked as a meet and greet and got told the story.Last guy who had it for a year never did the edges properly or cleaned up after himself,and the unit owners were glad to see his contract end.
    Was hoping i'd get this one.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Default Re: Nice win for Xmass ( 26 units )

Nice Win BettleJuice... You gotta be really happy with that!!

How did you get the inital lead?

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Just picked up 26 units nice Xmass gift.

Went around and door knocked as a meet and greet and got told the story.Last guy who had it for a year never did the edges properly or cleaned up after himself,and the unit owners were glad to see his contract end.
    Was hoping i'd get this one.
    Gotta be happy with that!

I was just packing up at a job as a passerby said hello and stopped with a question.
    “Are you looking for more work”

Within a week i was asked to put in a price then waited for the AGM and got approved in taking over the contract.
    That is the boost i needed in making it a bigger round,It will take me 2 days without rushing it.
    In total around 12-13 hours all up.Done properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I was just packing up at a job as a passerby said hello and stopped with a question.
    “Are you looking for more work”

Within a week i was asked to put in a price then waited for the AGM and got approved in taking over the contract.
    That is the boost i needed in making it a bigger round,It will take me 2 days without rushing it.
    In total around 12-13 hours all up.Done properly.
    Thats how i got mine... a neighbour asked me the same thing...

Mine is a community of around 180 homes and i have to to 6 parks in this community (1200sqm of lawn in total for 6 parks and play area's)... best of all i now have 180 homeowners to target on approx. 400sqm blocks that voted me in and are time poor, cash rich

BTW - that is 1 bl00dy big job!!! what is your approx. rate per unit?

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

It pays $1500 per quarter,cut when required.Currently no one is watering and it should be every 4 weeks until we hit autumn.

You'd want to hope it doesn't get onto fortnightly mows for summer....the winter quarters will pay but the summers won't if that happens. Most of mine are on fortnightly.....and we're having a dry summer.....so far.

I've never come across quarterly payments before... Do they pay that in advance?

Like Paul said... touch wood it doesn't require fortnightly mow.

Simmo.

www.mowinglawns.com.au

No there is no payment in advance,currently the whole place is like a dust bowl and growth is almost non existent except for some weeds.
    It will require just over fortnightly cuts when the rains come thru in autumn but may go dormant in mid winter when it gets cold.
    The quote states by me,it gets cut when required as seasons conditions require a cut.Planning to be two and a half week cut when it grows fast.
    Need to be smart on how often it gets cut all within reason.

Oh and it's all paid by a strata group.

Nice pickup Beetlejuice and it must suit your operating model of your business, so crack open an extra red or two over christmas to celebrate.

I was asked to quote for a beautiful mini resort style chalet complex for retire folks, grand entry, open gardens, pool and more gardens. I said no, they asked again and I said no thanks, but agreed to spend one day clearing large trees branches from from their roof gutters.
    Seperate to the above not far away a large retirement home was almost begging me to be their gardener and again I said no, but many thanks for asking me.
    Both jobs via word of mouth from other seniors I service who live in normal homes.

Reason, too many eggs in one basket theory re time wise spent servicing the projects, especailly in a rain effected week.
    If something went pear shape later on. Too big a drop in income whilst knocking back other smaller jobs to accomodate the mentioned jobs. Plus there's always some back stabbing in body corporate style meetings or some resident expecting more who can't be pleased.

Whilst your doing it every 4 weeks now, when you do start a higher frequencey locking in 2 days out of the working week, it maybe something to consider for later on. Now get thoses chilled reds out and enjoy the good fortune in picking up the work as the above is just my own little thoughts.

Whilst saying the above I do have one large private client, but each job is spreadout over several business and residential sites and with different times/days to attended in the mix at my choice. The longest being a half a day attendance and some fortnightly weekend work consistant year round. I look after this client to the max in every way possible way as you would expect.
    Cheers Garry

Picked up a 71 unit complex today. Was being done by a franchise that specializes in Owners Corporations but they weren't doing a good job. We have got in with a couple of B/C managers and they are getting us to quote on a few of their properties.

Phil when you win a big contract like that how do you approach it re scheduling and staff numbers etc?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
    Picked up a 71 unit complex today. Was being done by a franchise that specializes in Owners Corporations but they weren't doing a good job. We have got in with a couple of B/C managers and they are getting us to quote on a few of their properties.
    congrats looks like you may have to put that guy on again
    or an option to think about http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...omeone-that-is
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Well eventually picked up a school with 40 visits per year.

Not top dollar but enough to work with - and enough to buy the billygoat vacuum

And thanks to Darren who will help with the clean up side of things.

Very Helpful Member

congratulations John so i take it you get to have fun and make a mess and Darren does the hard work and cleans you after you
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast