Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III 4g

Default Samsung Galaxy S III 4g

Just switched to this awesome piece of machinery after bricking my htc one x (Also a bloody good phone.) The Galaxy S III blows everything away that I have used so far. I doubt there's anything that comes close. Though I have not had the misfortune of using an iphoney. I reckon this thing will be the benchmark for others to follow this year.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S III 4g

Do you have 4G coverage where you are? We don't here yet.

Some parts mate. It picks up 4g when available. But the telstra call quality is way superior to anything else even over 3g. And I have used optus, virgin and vodafone in recent times. I lost so much potential business just because of missed calls and delayed voice mail and sms on vodafone. And though telstra may cost a bit more I just chose a plan I can afford and have not regretted it.

Jason Forrest
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Same happening here with Vodafone presently. They are making it hard/impossible for me to get out of the remainder of my contract.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Same happening here with Vodafone presently. They are making it hard/impossible for me to get out of the remainder of my contract.
    contact TIO, the telecommunications industry ombudsman...http://www.tio.com.au

i'll give you a tip first... contact vodafone, ask to speak to the caller's direct line manager and then tel the manager that you want to speak to the head of complaints in Australia.... (must be persistent though and direct) If you hit a road bock as they know how to communicate as they have had years of training now... say you will then contact TIO and that you want there name and there employee number. (if they don't supply, demand to speak to there manager... you will get through)

To break a contract you will need to send the phones back usually to brightpoint Australia (who sell the phones)... I also know vodafone will offer you half price bills at this stage (for x amount of months) to keep u...

If all fails... lodge a complaint with TIO, but you must record the time, date and who you spoke to for it to proceed.

I wont go into details how i know this as it is an open forum...

Stick to Optus and Telstra only... telstra has the better infrastructure as they use different towers for data... optus and voda use the same towers for call and data and smartphones congest the outdated infrastruture!

Good luck and get out... Paul, you must be close to the end of your contract as you mention you had troubles with voda around 12 - 18 months ago from memory with poor reception but cheap unlimited usuage bills?

Simmo.

End of the year - Novemberish. I've had trouble pretty much from day-one. They've been saying for the last 4 years or more that they are upgrading towers/putting more towers here but it still hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    Just switched to this awesome piece of machinery after bricking my htc one x (Also a bloody good phone.) The Galaxy S III blows everything away that I have used so far. I doubt there's anything that comes close. Though I have not had the misfortune of using an iphoney. I reckon this thing will be the benchmark for others to follow this year.
    How good is it?! I just picked up the Note II 4g today also.... iphones are good but these are better

Awesome hey. Was thinkin of the note but too big for me. I already have 2 pcs, a laptop and a tablet hehe. I haven't delved to deeply just yet but samsungs touchwiz seems a lot nicer than htc sense so far. Though I have nothing against HTC. I also love their phones. But this samsung thing brings something new to the table in my opinion. True multitasking for example. I'm looking forward to sitting down and havin a good play with it when I have time.

Jason Forrest
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page