Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: fusilade forte rates

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

Default fusilade forte rates

hey all. im after fusilade forte rates for kik, couch, etc. too tired to convert hectares to litres.
    no cowboy rates either, this stuffs pricey!
    any tips while your at it on spraying very old drought affected couch. like would i use a higher r lower rate for this?
    Thanks champs
    Rae

Default Re: fusilade forte rates

If the cooch isn't growing it might not affect it. When I have used it it seems to take quite a while, 3-4 weeks,to have an effect but it has been very good. You'll have to research more..

What are you using it for?

Are you trying to get rid of cooch and kikuyu from garden beds (Fusilade) or kikuyu from cooch/turf lawns (Monument)? All the answers are in the labels

If you are trying to get rid of Kikuyu in couch, spray this mix in Autumn. a rate of DSMA with oil then a spray 10 days later of Tribute with oil ( same as monument but about 1/2 the price), then another does in 10 days, this will get rid of most of the kikuyu, any left give it a spot spray of Tribute with oil. Monument is $170.00 for 100ml while Tribute is $140.00 for 500ml.

thanks for your replies.
    wyadra. done plenty of research. very little info on rates for knapsacks and they conflict. theres a gardeners forum saying 20ml per liter and 2-3.3ml per liter in rosemary and 1.2-4ml per liter in bushland. fair difference. thats all i could find.
    http://www.pestgenie.com.au/Permit/S...A/PER12554.PDF
    http://permits.apvma.gov.au/PER11170.PDF
    I also know my monocots vs dicots, so i know what i can and cant spray, but had to brush up on it.(will write a list on here for the folks that arent so sure). I also emailed syngenta (F.f makers) asking if the could give me knapsack rates, but that was a week ago and still no reply.
    urban patch. couch and kikuyu amongst broadleaf shrubs. assorted native and exotic shrubs and perrenials, cant remember what they are.
    paul. garden beds only. i dont know how i would convert hectares to litres as in the booklet. do you?
    david. didnt know you could get rid of kik in couch. interesting. but already bought fusilade forte $105 from farm services + $17 shipping (then found it in a shop a week ago on the shelf for $95. Doh!) and need it just for gardens.

Should i have posted this thread on the members forum?

Gn, Page 11 of this label gives the spot spraying dilution rates. As you say, the dilution rates do vary a lot from 2-16ml/L depending on how established the target grass is.

http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Labels/...58521-0806.PDF

Hey ed and paul. Im must be thick as two bricks. Went through my label booklet and whadaya know, spot spaying rates, mls per 10L. I thought i went through it front to back. Dont know how i missed it.
    Thanks for all your help again.

Said id post a list of monocotyledons. Fusillade only targets monocots (with varying effectiveness). Monocots have petals in groups of 3 and 6s. Monos have parallel leaf veins.
    Dicots have petals in groups of 4 and 5s. Their veins are more web-like.
    couldnt upload this list as a word doc for some reason. copy and paste if you think it will be of any use to you.
    Monocots. Rough list:
    (i gotta get a social life!)
    All grasses
    Agaves
    Yuccas
    Clivias
    Spider plants (Chlorophytum)
    Palms
    Asparagus and asparagus ferns
    Aloes
    Bromeliads
    Canna lilies
    Rhoeo
    Tradescantia species including the evil wandering jew
    Papyrus
    Dianellas
    Irises
    Cordylines
    Flax
    Philodendron
    Hippeastrum
    Zephyranthes
    Heliconias
    Agapanthus
    Dracenas
    Calathea
    Ctenanthe
    Maranta
    Strelitzia B.O.P
    All Orchids
    Aspidistra
    Ruscus
    Gingers
    Liriope
    Sanseveria. Mother in laws tounge
    Red hot pokers
    Lomandras
    Pennisetum fountain grasses
    Bamboo
    Mondo grass
    All lilies
    Monstera
    Spathiphyllum
    Zantedechia
    Caladium
    Diefenbachia dumb cane
    Most bulbs
    Many, many more but i haven’t got all day!

some info i found on fusilade forte:
    http://www.tropicsphere.com/main/for...t=5264&p=44816
    excerpt from above link:
    First, there's two main ways to use it: one is "over-the-top", or nuke everything in sight indescriminately, and the second is "directed spray" at a reduced rate, i.e. spot treatment of the worst offenders. I don't know how tall your evil grass is, or how big your palms are, but if the foliage is not all intermixed it's much better to go with the spot treatment, just on general principles.

Second, it says this second method can be used "to safely remove bermuda grass from tall fescue and zoysia grass", so apparently it is not even an equal opportunity grass assasin. As far as other monocots, I checked the label and it is approved for use on BOPs, Dracaena, Dieffenbachia, Ti, Liriope, Daylily, Agapanthus, Golden Bamboo, as well as Queen, Med. Fan, Canary Island Date, and Chinese Fan Palms.

http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Descrip..._Fluazifop.htm
    good info on weather and water quality

also found a number of sites saying that azaleas tend to get burnt by it but fusilade doesn't target it.